Getting to know you....getting to know all about you (2019 edition)

Pure_Prairie
on 1/7/19 9:55 am
VSG on 01/10/19

One thing I would tell people about myself is that I am the most competitive person, no one can push or challenge me any greater than ME! Example, in the military we attended follow up training and we had a class of about 100 & I came in 2nd. Moved on to the next follow up training where we had closer to 50 and I was SO angry about being 2nd I fought and came in 1st! With everyone telling me daily "you are going down" but when they went for a Starbucks study date as a group I drilled myself and when they went clubbing on the weekends I was still studying.

In college I was so upset because I graduated with a 3.96 GPA. My husband thought it was ridiculous but if it were a sporting event, he wouldn't be satisfied with less than ALL of the points.

What I would love to get out of this community is the knowledge and wisdom of those who have gone ahead completed/or are in the midst of their journey. I love the articles, but I love the sense of we are all competing in this WLS race and we can run along side you when you are weak, and you can do the same for the community if they need encouragement.

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 10:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It is a great community here and I see some of the most encouraging posts from people.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kristi T.
on 1/7/19 9:56 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I can't believe how close 2020 is either, it's going to be an interesting year leading up to the next general election that's for sure! I think 2019 is going to be exciting and frustrating in so many ways:-) Enough about that!

I love to learn about everyone on OH, good idea Partypollyanna!

1. I live in the NW corner of Montana in a valley just below Glacier National Park. So you can imagine how tourism is probably our number one economy booster. We have two major ski resorts, plus Glacier Park. I love my state and work for the Chamber of Commerce Tourist Info center in the summer and on call in the winter. These last few years I have finally been able to take advantage of all of our hiking for the first time in my life, I am addicted to it now. My dog and I go out everyday in it, rain, snow or sun:-)

2. To continue to stay accountable, I miss the VSG menu thread when I don't post. I try and post everyday and have made some wonderful cyber friends. I would even like to meet some of them in real life:-) Everyone is so interesting and diverse, we all have a story, an important story.

Pure_Prairie
on 1/7/19 10:17 am
VSG on 01/10/19

We traveled through Montana and it is beautiful, my dog would think she was in doggie heaven if she got to hike everyday. Right now she is lucky to get walks at all, it has been dreary and rainy in Texas so I have barely seen the outside.

What type of dog do you have? I have 2, a tiny old lady named Bella (Bichon mix) and my pound puppy, 8 Coco Chanel, (since she is a shelter find idk what exactly but she looks like a ****er terrier mix). My son has a black pug and he LOVES walks, more than my son but they have a great relationship with napping/reading together. He makes me laugh because he smiles so big when he gets home from his walk!

Kristi T.
on 1/7/19 10:27 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I have a 5 year old Pomeranian. I got her from a foster home when she was 6 months old. They found her roaming the streets downtown and no one even checked or called on her. She had been returned back to the shelter by two families, I was stunned. I guess she was waiting for me. She is not your typical Pomeranian though. She is street wise, tough, opinionated and so very stubborn. She is a tomboy and would be very offended if anyone called her a princess:-)!!!

This is my favorite pic of her, exhausted after a hike:-)

Your dogs sound like they are very loved!

Gina 22 years out
on 1/8/19 4:59 am - Burleson, TX

Where, in Tx, do you live? South of Ft Worth here

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 10:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Montana is one of my favorite places; I went to school in Helena for a few years. I always tell people Glacier is one of the most beautiful places I've been!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz J.
on 1/7/19 10:07 am
DS on 11/29/16

So I'm a California girl, living in a Missouri world... My husband and I are planning on moving to California sometime in the next few years. In the mean time we visit as much as we can!

1.What's one thing you'd like to tell everyone about yourself- Hey! I was/am an avid dog sports competitor with my two Cardigan Welsh Corgis! I'm just got my feet wet last year and I'm hitting full training mood for this year! I can't wait to get my kids out there and have some fun! Woot!

2. What would you like to get out of this forum/community in 2019- It great to have a sounding board or to read threads about people dealing some of the same issues. Currently, I'm dealing with body dysmorphic disorder, I am seeing someone so progress is being made, just not fast enough for me. I focus too much on the scale and number because I don't see it when I look at my body. Last week was the first week I only stepped on the scale once, not multiple times a day. I hadn't realized how bad it was when I wishful said to my husband that I wanted to be as small as one of our friends and he looked at me and told me how much she weighed. I was shocked because it was 30 pounds more than my weight. That was my wake up moment that something was wrong in my head. It's very confusing at time.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/7/19 10:19 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I absolutely ADORE watching videos of corgis doing sports! Herding, dock diving, flyball, agility course... watching those stumpy little legs fly always makes me smile :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Liz J.
on 1/7/19 11:27 am
DS on 11/29/16

I'll have to send you a link after I load some on YouTube!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147