My 600 lb Life - Alicia and Octavia

Kathy S.
on 1/4/19 6:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

The new season is back and rather you love it, hate it or in between I watch it to keep me honest and remind myself there by the grace of god go I.

I have to admit I was cheering for Alicia all the way. Finally someone that was not whining poor me, it's everyone else faulty and just kept putting one foot in front of the other one until it clicked. She was the first person on this show in a long time that seemed real to me. I can't wait to see her update! Hugs Alicia.

Octavia, Octavia, Octavia.... she was blaming everyone and everything and not taking responsibility but finally when she had a talk with her cousin for the first time she said we have to it no one else can. What is amazing to me and it took me years to connect the dots but we just don't realize the head is the issue not the stomach. I really hope things go well for her but with her environment I worry. Go Octavia

Did you watch? What did you think?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kristi T.
on 1/4/19 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I watched Octavia's story but missed Alicia. I was so glad she finally had her "Ah, Ha" moment at the end. I will look forward to seeing how she is doing in the "Where are they now?" segments.

Kathy S.
on 1/4/19 11:13 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

If you get a chance watch Alicia as I think they play it multiple times. She was such a fighter and you will be cheering for her all the way!

PrivateCitizen
on 1/4/19 4:52 pm

I have watched these over the years as , if nothing else, real exposure to the problems and failures, denials people give themselves. I agree only a few will do what is asked, but the show would be boring , with perfection, and I am certain no one is actually encouraging them to eat junk (producers, etc) for the drama like other 'reality' shows-90 day finance etc which as so obvious its laughable-entertainment only. One thing I did notice is women who will do nothing at all for themselves DO have glitter nails 4" long and eyebrow sculpting, I know it's a 'that's all I have to work with' thinking but discouraging to see. Did you see the 25ish costume seamstress (red hair, sweet personality, lived upstairs in parent's home) who was like Alicia 2-3 years ago? She as one of the few who just gritted down and did it. I so admire that.

Kathy S.
on 1/7/19 6:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

As much as I was becoming less and less mobil I just can't imagine...... And yes, when I do see those that REALLY want help and do what is needed I am with them all the way.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/6/19 6:25 am

To be honest, until that show, I was not aware of people living like that. I heard of people who were very large, but still mobile, so most likely around 300-400, max 500 lbs.

Even though I heard the number, I had no clue how their life is. I was not exposed to it.

What gets me is the enabler in their lives. "They are killing them with love". Nobody gets that big and imobile without at least one, and more like 2-3 or more enablers.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 1/6/19 10:44 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I agree with you. I had heard of them but to see it makes it real.

Enablers? Don't get me started. How can the people that say they love them keep doing this? To be honest, I think if they dig deep the enablers do it because they don't want to be alone. Waiting on them hand and foot and killing them slowly (even if they don't see it that way) is better than being alone.