Hello!

ShanaC
on 12/18/18 11:09 am - Cleveland, OH

Hello everyone. I'm not new to the site, but just signed up. I just got a call that my paper work has been submitted today. I'm hoping I get approved soon for RNY, although 1 thing has me nervous. I was told for the "past Weight History" portion that they are submitting, my old doctor from another state, only sent 1 report (they like having 2). I can't say much about it as I could not afford to go to the doctors much back then. Everything else is in order. Wish me luck.

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

Height 5'10" / HW 330 / CW 295

Kathy S.
on 12/18/18 11:38 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi ShanaC

Welcome to OH! Don't worry too much, take it one step at a time and we are all here for you

If you need help with navigating the site, or anything else, let me know.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ShanaC
on 12/18/18 2:42 pm - Cleveland, OH

Thanks. I found this site years ago, it has been helpful.

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

ChrisFB
on 12/18/18 12:38 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Don't stress out too much about this. I'm from Canada so things are probably a little different here but I only had one doctors report and had no problems. My BMI was the main thing that they were looking at along with how many different attempts I had made to lose the weight using diets, etc. You will do fine and I wish you lots of luck. I only had surgery 6 days ago so I still remember well the long road to surgery and all the waiting for appointments, etc.

ShanaC
on 12/18/18 3:01 pm - Cleveland, OH

The lady told me my insurance likes to have 2 consecutive weight reports. I simply couldn't afford the costs of the visits with the crappy insurance I had then. They have my weight from 2016 though that was sent in. I'm hoping it will suffice. I will fight with an appeal if needed. Just looked at my doctors report from this October, my BMI was 47.14 kg & weight was 328.8 lbs on that day. It is my turn.... fingers crossed

ChrisFB
on 12/18/18 3:07 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

I'm wishing you lots of luck and look forward to when you post that you have your surgery date!

ShanaC
on 12/18/18 3:32 pm - Cleveland, OH

Ohhhh... now that will be a day of joy and happy tears for sure.

So, how are things going for you? Are you needing lots of help to do simple things now that you're home? That was a fear of mine, but was told I'd be walking around shortly after surgery and that the doc won't let you leave if you feel to awful anyway.

ChrisFB
on 12/18/18 4:49 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Actually ShanaC I have good days and then some down days. The full fluid shakes taste terrible to me and they actually upset my stomach if I'm being honest. I only have one more day to go and then I can try pureed food which I'm looking forward to. After 3 weeks pre-surgery on a liquid diet and then another week on liquids after surgery, it will be good to chew something (even if it is puree) :). I don't really need help with anything and they had me up and walking just a few hours after surgery and then every four hours after that. The most pain you have is from the gas they use during surgery and it just feels like bad cramps in your abdomen. It is tolerable. It has been a long week because you can't really do anything and daytime TV is not that exciting :) I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to go back to my normal routine but I am off work for 4 weeks.

ShanaC
on 12/19/18 2:38 pm - Cleveland, OH

The pre-op diet I'll be on is for 2 weeks. I saw the meal plan list and it won't be so bad. The day before surgery is liquid only; basically just protein shakes and water. I'm so ready for this. I'm planning to get what I need soon, but will wait until I hear from the insurance company. They have 14 days to approve or deny everything.

ChrisFB
on 12/19/18 3:30 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Good luck, I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know when you hear!