What is your Review and Renew for 2018?

Kathy S.
on 12/11/18 6:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning

I think if we realized how much "mind" stuff we have to do to get to goal and stay there we would run away. I thought I understood but seriously it's a full time job. BUT... so worth it.

The year is almost over and it's a good time to do what I call Review and Renew Trust me, I know you don't have time, I know life is swirling around you but if you don't take the time for you to review and renew it will come back to bite you.

Grab a cup of coffee, tea or what ever calms you. Find a quite place (even if you have to leave the house) and just take a moment to review the past year.

For me it's been mixed. So many major changes. When major changes happen in my life I tend to focus on the change and not me. My family decided to relocate across county and Mom was left to purge, pack, move all by myself "again". I told my son this is the last time I am moving as I am getting too old for this "stuff". I have about 50% of my stuff still in boxes and I just hate chaos. I love having things feel comfortable. Stress eating is a challenge here. I do well with a schedule and eating has been hit or miss. My jeans are still fitting me but getting tight. I am sure I have put on a few pounds but not getting on the scale just yet. I tell myself taking every free moment to unpack is working out but it's not like a mind calming walk. Besides going from blue skies and sun shine everyday to stick your head outside to see what the weather is today is different LOL We had ice this weekend and snow yesterday. My dogs have already started a go fund me account to move back to CA. My review concludes I need to get organized and back on a schedule as soon as I can. For me this is key.

Renew! I love this part.... What can I do to make me happy? When was the last time you asked yourself that question? 2019 is going to be different with living in a new location. Sometimes good can come out of change and I am going to work hard to make that happen. I am looking forward to making new friends, spending time with old friends and being the best damn Nana you ever saw! Move, move, move as my working out has taken a back seat in the bus. This makes me feel so good when I do and need it. I know if I stick to my basics plan I will be fine with eating.

Enough of my rambling.

What is your REVIEW & RENEW for 2018?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Liz J.
on 12/11/18 8:43 am
DS on 11/29/16

Thank you for this! I think it will help me a lot. What state did you move to? I'm from SoCa and living in Saint Louis MO and miss my sun and beach! I grew up 1.3 miles from the beach, you could smell the ocean on a breezy spring day... I miss it sooo much and more so when the weather is bad. We are planning on moving back in the next few (maybe 5) years and I can't wait!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Kathy S.
on 12/11/18 9:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

UGH! I grew up in MI and lived most of my life in IL outside of Chicago and can't imagine a SoCal girl making it there. It's bad..... once it turns cold and snow it stays that way for months. The beach is my heart and soul....LOVE IT! I moved from NorCal to outside of Charolette NC. I am really loving it. We get the 4 seasons without the insanity of it all. This weekend it was ice/slush Saturday. Beautiful snowflakes yesterday and today its sunny and ground is dry. The cost of living and the politicians running the beautiful state in the ground got to me. But the fires! The closest one was 3 hours from us but the air was so bad I had to have breathing treatments and never had breathing issues.

If you guys are moving back go for it! I make friends that was born in CA and it's hard for them to leave. They love it so much...

Yes, take some time for you.... Make a note of what didn't work or had a negative affect on you. Make changes or at least work arounds so they won't affect you in 2019. You have done great Liz and I am always here for you

When you move let me know I will be coming to visit and Buddy and Rocky may want to move in

Take care,

Kathy

Liz J.
on 12/11/18 9:55 am
DS on 11/29/16

Buddy and Rocky are welcome, just warn them I have 2 corgis, 2 chihuahuas and a mean-ass tom cat that is bigger than 3 of my dogs...

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Kathy S.
on 12/11/18 3:07 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

They wouldn't survive

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/12/18 5:21 am, edited 12/12/18 2:20 am

Hey..you moved closer to me. Depends where "near Charlotte" you live, you could be 1-2 hrs the most from me. I live in Greenville, SC area.

NC has beautiful mountains. There are really just hills, but pretty hills.

Maybe one day I can convince you to drive to meet me for lunch. One day

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 12/12/18 7:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am loving it so far.... It's like you get the 4 seasons but nothing radical. We had ice/slush Saturday and Snow flakes on Monday but now it's all gone. It's a beautiful part of the country and can't wait to explore. I hear your part of the country is amazing too. Road trips are my favorite so that would be great to meet up.

Take care,

Kathy

Julia S.
on 12/11/18 2:54 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Thank you for posting this, I will definitely sit down and work on this.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Kathy S.
on 12/11/18 3:08 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Take some time for you Julia