What to expect at psych evaluation?

dreamer1234
on 12/2/18 1:20 pm

i had my psy eval done a yr ago and the person who did it was an older m ale social worker who my surgeon had recommended. the eval was easy for me, just lasted for an hr. he didn't ask me many questions about my past, mainly ask me questions about the surgery and did i know what was going to happen. good luck

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/13/18 4:30 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Hi - How did it go??

Sharon

MadisonRose
on 12/13/18 8:39 pm
RNY on 01/23/19
On December 14, 2018 at 12:30 AM Pacific Time, Sharon SW-267 GW-165 CW-167 S. wrote:

Hi - How did it go??

It went ok. It didn't last the full four hours...maybe three tops. They had me first fill out this true/false questionnaire with 380 questions. Some very strange questions like "I sometimes have the urge to steal...true or false?" and "I can see myself as a florist...true or false?"

It's a teaching hospital so I met with the resident first who informed me I was being recorded on her web cam just so her supervisor could view the conversation. That made me a little more nervous than I already was. She just asked me all the normal questions like "what was my lowest weight after the age of 18?" "What I thought the cause of my overeating was?" "What caused me to binge eat and how I felt afterwards?" She asked me a lot of personal questions about my childhood and we touched on the verbal abuse from my mom and how our relationship is today. She asked about my support system after surgery etc. Just tons and tons of questions.

Then I sat with her and her supervisor after the supervisor viewed the video and we discussed it all again and talked about a plan. Basically I suffer with depression and social anxiety which I already knew. They recommended an app to me called baritastic (which I'm sure a lot of you know about) to help me keep track of what I eat after surgery. Anyway, they want me to come back for another appointment in January....it's not required, but encouraged. So I got that scheduled.

So yeah, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It probably wouldn't have even lasted 3 hours if It hadn't been for my stomach issues. I was sooo sick that day. I don't know if it was food poisoning, a stomach bug or what, but I was late to the appointment because I had to make a pit stop at a bathroom and was so afraid they wouldn't be able to see me. Then I was in and out of the bathroom the whole time I was in the waiting area waiting to be called back which also delayed me from completing my questionnaire. They called me back twice while I was stuck in the bathroom and ended up calling another patient back which caused me to have to wait longer. I really wasn't that nervous so I know it wasn't nerves causing me to be sick, but ugh I felt so bad that day!

So apparently that was my last requirement and now I just wait for everything to be submitted to my insurance. Keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well and I can get a surgery date soon!

Probably more info than you wanted, but thanks for asking!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/14/18 5:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I use Baritastic as my food planning app. Super easy and convenient. I use MFP (my fitness pal) as my "control" - I don't like it as much but it does have a much wider range of foods preloaded. It's sometimes interesting to look at the differences they come up with in calorie/protein/carb counts.

hope you feel better today

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen