What hurdle has WLS NOT helped you with?

Amy R.
on 11/28/18 7:32 pm

Oh Mahonia. I just saw this.

In the same boat over here and wouldn't wi**** on anyone. If you get a chance therapy will help. It doesn't make it go away for me, but it gets more bearable. Nobody deserves this and my rational mind has gotten better by leaps and bounds.

It still whispers to me. It's not yelling in my ear all day though.

PM me if you want to talk.

VSGAnn2014
on 12/1/18 1:46 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Great question.

Today's answer to this question is that although the sleeve has made weight loss and weight maintenance tremendously more attainable than before WLS and although I am so very grateful for it, I still use so much of my life and energy continuing to try to "better" myself in the direction of perfection.

Of course, perfection is unattainable, weird, and spiritually silly.

But as the Buddhists might say, apparently this is the affliction I get to practice with -- my dissatisfaction with my imperfections. ;)

The truth is, hard as this is to say and even harder to believe, I am already perfect. We all are.

Thanks again for the question. That's my answer today.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Valerie G.
on 12/1/18 10:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It didn't stop my sweet tooth. It just lowered my capacity to go butt-wild.

It didn't stop some of my family from criticizing me - they just find new reasons (like I'm not a fat sloth anymore, I'm just a ***** because I won't be a doormat anymore).

The biggest observation I've seen over the last 14 years is that people realize that their emotional problems are not caused by obesity. They just used it as an excuse. Once that veil melts away, they are left to face these raw issues head-on.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes