Thanksgiving is just a week away! Great suggestions for Turkey Day!

PCBR
on 11/21/18 10:36 am, edited 11/21/18 2:36 am

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I've been on an almost month-long stall and have finally started to see some tiny movement (hey, I hit one-derland!).

My strategy is start with the turkey. I'm also stacking the deck in my favor by bringing some cheesy mashed cauliflower from Trader Joe's, so that the mashed potatoes won't be tempting.

In a stroke of masochism, I'm making sausage and apple stuffing (which I love), and a fresh pumpkin pie (which I also love). Trying to remember that the idea is to share some goodness with the family (who don't struggle with obesity). I think for the stuffing, I will pick out a couple pieces of sausage to get the flavor. For the pie, I usually have extra filling, so I'll make a crustless version, should I decide to have a taste. I really have to be careful with that pie...it's like, the definition of a slider food.

Aside from food, I'm going to try to keep my hands and mind busy. I almost want to write "no grazing" on the back of my hands. This is my first, big test.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Kathy S.
on 11/27/18 6:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi PCBR

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was moving from CA to NC How did it go?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130