Election Day Plans (not completely off topic)

peachpie
on 11/4/18 12:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I plan to vote. I vote out of what I feel is a moral responsibility, not necessarily because I think who is elected will impact my life.

I have no idea for who though. Committee of 70 usually publishes a Pre- Election Day sysnopsis of the candidates, I should make a point to read it. Should... but because I'm underinformed I will likely vote along party lines. Mayoral elections grab my attention more since I see direct impact.

PA- if there are strikers I don't pay attention to get one. It's not allowed for me to work polls as a city employee. No political activity, outside of voting is allowed. I have no idea if we can vote early.

I would pack the same things I packed for my workday in my lunch bag with my ice packs . Water, Yogurt, protein bar, Mz maybe a lunch meat roll up. I'm never hungry so I wouldn't need any more than that

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

hollykim
on 11/4/18 3:24 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I early voted in TN,in person,as I always do and got a sticker that I wore all day and is presently perched on top of a pill bottle on my dresser.

I voted straight Democratic ticket,not that you asked,but,just sayin...

i have never worked at a polling place and I would take everything everybody else has already mentioned cause I have seen boxes of donuts,etc for the workers every time I have ever voted.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/18 11:58 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Donuts, cookies, cupcakes, those are all anyone ever seems to bring to feed their workers.

Gwen M.
on 11/5/18 6:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I know! And I'm guilty of the same thing too.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MarinaGirl
on 11/4/18 8:01 pm

I mailed my ballot on Fri Oct 26th as I'm away from home for awhile. I also helped my Dad (who lives in a different state from me and has limited hand mobility) with filling in the voting "bubbles" on his ballot, and he mailed it on Fri Nov 2nd.

MarinaGirl
on 11/4/18 8:07 pm

My Dad's state provides stickers for mail-in voters but not my state. He says I can wear his sticker on Tuesday!

Gwen M.
on 11/5/18 6:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

w00t! I was going to mail my mom Art's sticker, since he never wears his, but then I ended up buying her a pin instead. :)

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/18 11:56 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

My Plans For Election Day

I plan on getting up early to go and vote with my grandma with neither of us discussing the ballot, or how we feel since we vote differently! After, I think we will go out to eat a late breakfast, or maybe wait awhile and grab some lunch.

State and Sticker

I live in Missouri, and as far as I know I will be getting a sticker. They have given us one every other election! I definitely wear my sticker so people know I voted.

No Refrigeration

I haven't read everything yet, but I am guessing things like protein bars/jerky have been said already! On top of those things I would suggest pork rinds, tuna packs with, or without crackers, PBnJ sandwich if you allow yourself those things,

Au_Contraire
on 11/5/18 12:45 am, edited 11/4/18 5:42 pm

I voted on Friday! Here in Island County, WA, or at least on my island, there is nowhere to vote in person on Election Day! You can mail in your ballot or put it into a ballot box here on the island, which is what I did. That disappointed me a bit, because I have always enjoyed the ritual of actually voting in person on Election Day, and that sense of taking part in steering our democracy. Plus I love the "I Voted" stickers! Nevertheless, I read up about all of the local candidates and referendums, and even attended a "meet the candidates" debate last month, which was a fiendishly boring event, but at least it settled for me which of the candidates I preferred. I'm excited but also nervous about what Tuesday's results will be, and of course I hope that the majority of voters will see things as I do, both locally and especially on the national level. I voted a straight ticket of my preferred party, except for choosing the sheriff I felt was the less arrogant of the two contenders even though both were of the party I do not agree with, and except for voting for the unopposed candidate for Coroner (I figured what the heck - who cares if I don't agree with him politically, his political views are unlikely to affect the county very much, and we need a coroner). I'm going to an election night party thrown by the party I side with, in fact - a brave thing to plan, I hope we're not jinxing fate by planning a celebration! Fingers crossed!

In NJ, in TX, and in CA, we got stickers. Up here in WA there were no stickers, only a lonely ballot box to take our ballots, since Island County voters can only vote by mail! In fact it seems like the entire state of Washington's voting all takes place via the mail!

I've never been an election judge, but I'd like to be. I thought of this the last couple of times that I voted, but forgot until now.

I would bring tuna packets, cheese, jerky, and maybe a yogurt. Maybe some nuts. Plus a thermos of strong, sweetened tea!

Gwen M.
on 11/5/18 6:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I wonder how election judging works in a state that only does mail in ballots?

I was thinking about taking tea too, but figured I'd settle for caffeine pills and avoid the liquid calories. And the potential staining of my invisalign. (Although I do change my aligners tomorrow night, so the staining isn't that big of an issue!)