Why do they recommend a recliner??

Dcgirl
on 10/29/18 6:43 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm with Kim...I certainly didn't need a recliner or even a wedge pillow after weight loss surgery. I could sleep on my side and easily get in and out of bed.

I did use a wedge pillow after my lower body lift where my abdominal muscles were cut and sewn together. Now THAT was pain...but my RNY, not at all.

If you don't own a recliner, I certainly wouldn't spend the money to go out and get one. You should be fine :)

MarinaGirl
on 10/29/18 6:47 am

No recliner was recommended nor do I think one was necessary. I did fine sleeping in my bed with some extra pillows and felt some discomfort getting out of bed for the first week but it didn't last long and wasn't debilitating/too painful.

Kathy S.
on 10/29/18 7:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I never used a recliner. If you have one it would be easier to get up and down but not necessary. Good luck with your surgery! Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

dreamer1234
on 10/29/18 10:26 am

i have slept in a lift chair just cause i have asthma and that has helped me alot especially after i had surgery.

itsjustmisty
on 10/31/18 10:36 am
VSG on 10/10/18

I didn't use a recliner but what I did do was use one of these and I used another pillow at my head (I had one more for my arm (only one because I leaned alot). This worked perfectly for me. I do have a recliner but neither hubby nor I sleep well a part.

Image result for pink back pillow support

Valerie G.
on 11/1/18 9:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Many have a problem getting in and out of bed early out and a recliner allows them to sleep.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/11/18 8:07 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I had trouble laying down the first couple of weeks after surgery -- probably because I was super morbidly obese with a BMI of 57 -- so the weight of my stomach pulling against my incision holes was painful when laying down. I did use my husband's recliner for about 1.5 weeks -- but I could have used a our bed with a wedge or propped up on pillows.

However, I also want to add that the pain wasn't unbearable. I only used Tylenol and was back to work walking a large campus dragging about 30 pounds of books/papers in less than 2 weeks.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat