What was that "ONE" thing that made you go off track?

VSGAnn2014
on 11/17/18 3:17 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

I'm four years and three months post-VSG. And I'm still maintaining my 100 pound weight loss.

However, other than celebratory occasions like holidays and vacations when I eat different and more foods than normal -- which doesn't bother me because I'm really successful at returning to eating nutritious foods and proper portions immediately after these lifestyle variations -- I do still struggle on those nights (once or twice a month) when I have insomnia and cannot get to sleep. Those nights are "Danger, Will Robinson!" conditions for me.

Fortunately, I've been successful in holding those night-eating deviations to "one night in a row."

But it really does **** me off that I haven't yet conquered the up after midnight and can't stay out of the refrigerator temptation.

However, I've in no way given up on trying to conquer this challenge.

If anyone has had success dealing with this situation, I'd love to hear about how you've done it. Thanks in advance.

:)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Kathy S.
on 11/27/18 6:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi VSGAnn2014,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was moving from CA to NC

There seems to be that one thing that tries to knock us off track. I too have trouble sleeping from time to time and you are right. No matter what you are doing the kitchen is calling. Don't laugh but I knit. I find if my hands are busy with something I have to concentrate on the voice in my head that says eat, eat, eat. Goes away and I fall asleep shortly thereafter. Try it, you may like it.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130