If you live in Louisiana and need a Surgeon that accepts Medicaid Read Below

enjoi50
on 10/4/18 6:50 am, edited 10/4/18 6:51 am

Hi All!

After years of trying to find a surgeon to do a revision for me and will accept Medicaid. I found one. Dr. Ducoin in New Orleans Affliated with Tulane Medical Center. Now here's the catch. You have to contact University medical center because that's where he does all the surgeries at but the killer part is you have to attend the informational first and there is a waiting list? other than that, he qualified to do Sleeves, Gastric Bypass, and Revisions. Here is the number to university medical center 504-962-6262. From there you will be placed on a waiting list. Good Luck!

I'm so happy right now I can scream!!! I gave up my job and benefits to persue a better position but without benefits. And it's been a struggle to find someone who would take it(medicaid). I had my surgery in 2005 I'm long overdue for a revision as I have gained weight again and need a reset.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/4/18 8:15 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm glad you found a doctor!

That said, I would strongly suggest that you take a good look at your habits before rushing into another surgery. If you were noncompliant with your eating after the first surgery, there's nothing to prevent you from doing the same thing after your revision.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

enjoi50
on 10/4/18 11:04 am

Hi, thanks. Oh yeah my habits and thoughts are much better now than it was 13 years ago. I was in my early 20s and very immature at that time but the weight stayed p,us I got pregnant. So now my head is clear and I'm ready.

Kathy S.
on 10/4/18 2:46 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WE are so happy for you I just wanted to add the names and facilities we have on file also. As you said it can be challenge.

Medical Center of Louisiana New Orleans University

2000 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
http://www.umcno.org/weightloss
Dr. Chris DuCoin Dr. Michael Cook
WLS dept 504-962-6262
https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/weight-loss-wednes day/weight-loss-surgery-at-umc-for-medicaid-patients/289-564 164007
Dr. Jeansonne takes those that are already in the Ochsner System.
Dr. Louis O Jeansonne
225-754-3278
Services & Specialties: Surgery, Bariatric Surgery,Comprehensive Weight Loss, Abdominal Surgery & Whipple Procedure, Robotic Surgery, General Surgery
https://www.ochsner.org/doctors/louis-jeansonne-iv

Dr. Butler

only does VSG and takes all Medicaid but Healthy Blue

Dr. Jeb Butler

Hartner Medical Clinic

1040 North Pine Road

Olla, LA 71465

318-495-3131 x 160 Linda

Monika Bowman confirmed Dr. O'Connell takes the following medicaid insurance.

She is very hard to reach as they are doing surgery almost daily. The best time to try and reach Monika is Tues and Weds in the AM.

United Healthcare

LA Healthcare

Amerihealth Capis

Monika said to give her a call and she will help you start the process for having weight loss surgery with Dr. O'Connell.

Dr. Ruary O'Connell

Renewal Bariatric

2700 Napoleon Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115

1 (504) 259-7519

1 (504) 897-0700

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

enjoi50
on 10/5/18 10:21 am

Thank you!

Yes that is correct. I'm a patient of the Ochsner Health System but you have to have a primary insurance and Medicaid from what they said. Ive been a patient at Ochsner nice i was a teen.My initial surgery was Ochsner but they won't see me for surgery but they will schedule me with a nutritionist. Ochsner won't allow WL surgeon to take Medicaid unless they have a primary insurance.

GaryGarvin
on 10/12/18 5:52 am

Nice! Would recommend this to my cousin Vinny in Louisiana.