Sore throat from acid reflux?

NYMom222
on 8/27/18 11:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Absolutely can cause a sore throat. Only way it goes away is for it not to be irritated by acid.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Melody P.
on 8/27/18 2:29 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks everyone. I still haven't heard back from the doctors office and i'm very angry. I'll get over that but it's not that hard to return a freakin phone call. I'll likely be taking a trip to urgent care in the morning as I don't have a ride today.

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/27/18 2:30 pm - Amarillo, TX

Also having a painful( to my throat) dry cough when I lay down. Ugh.

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/28/18 10:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Finally heard from them. I have to pick up a prescription for protonix(sp?).

Mel

Donna L.
on 8/28/18 7:33 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Nothing relieved mine and it kept getting worse and worse. It was awful, and I started to be hoarse all the time and had difficulty swallowing.

I'm glad they called in a PPI prescription, but definitely keep an eye on it.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

ShandosMom
on 9/20/18 10:36 am
VSG on 09/28/18

I am fighting this right now. If you have a lot at night..I find that not eating or drinking anything after 5 - 5:30 PM helps a lot. I had to go on dexilant for my reflux, and it controls it during the day. Night time is another story. I am suffering from a sore throat today because of this. I drink lot of cold stuff to wash the acid down and provide some relief. Also, when this happens be sure to brush you teeth as soon as you can. those acids will kill your teeth! it also helps with that acidy taste in your mouth.

Make sure and talk to your surgeon though. There is usually a reason for all this.

Let us know how you make out!