Share your NSVs of the Week. Let's get that Friday Feeling!

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/18 11:25 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Those are great NSVs, the energy to get out and do things is the best one all around, in my opinion. We miss so much being heavy.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/18 11:28 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Over this week I had a couple! I went to the lake to visit with family and I never thought I would be brave enough to get on a jet ski, but I was and it was a blast!

I have always been very reserved and quiet and hated other people taking pictures/videos of me, but I let my family take a video of my birthday song from the Mexican restaurant we went to where they put a sombrero on my head and sang for everyone to listen and see.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/24/18 1:42 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is awesome! How fun!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lalagigi
on 8/24/18 11:34 am
VSG on 10/23/17

I haven't had a migraine in 10 months - basically since surgery. Not sure why that is but I am thrilled.

PCBR
on 8/24/18 5:32 pm

That's interesting! I wonder if it has to do with a food you cut out. Or maybe changes in your blood pressure or circulation. No matter what it is, it's amazing.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

artchikk
on 8/24/18 1:45 pm
RNY on 02/12/18

I had 2 different co-workers whom I have worked in the same office with for at least 5 years but have barely ever spoken a word to, come up to me this week specifically to tell me how incredible I look...they went out of their way to make sure that I knew people noticed my hard work and that I looked better than good!

I can't tell you how good this feels...I know the weight loss is not all about physical appearance, but it is definitely a huge part of the journey, and this week I have gained an enormous amount of confidence, not only with my 100lbs lost milestone, but knowing that other people are recognizing it.

I hate to base my worth on other people's opinions but I think it's hard not to at least a little bit...which is really where the confidence issues stem from in the first place. It's just nice to start feeling like I belong in the world and don't stick out like a sore thumb--or if i do, it's because I am just so damn awesome! LOL

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

PookyS
on 8/24/18 3:06 pm

I've been filling in my work wardrobe with pants from Goodwill. I found a brand new pair with tags back in May, but they were too tight on the butt and thighs. I tried them on yesterday, and they were a bit loose everywhere! My second NSV was even more important. I have been having a blast moving from group to group with my high school students. Small group and individual instruction is really where the best learning takes place. In the past few years, I've been in so much pain by lunchtime and have not been myself. I have my stamina back and feel 20 years younger this year compared to last year at this time. Yay!!!

Jester
on 8/27/18 11:30 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

I have a bittersweet NSV.

I helped my son move up to college this weekend, which required the moving of some extremely heavy furniture up flights of stairs. While the furniture was heavy (I even broke a sweat, and I hardly ever sweat any more), it wasn't overly physically challenging. That in itself was a NSV. But seeing how my son (who is not overweight) was sucking-wind and red faced (he literally was laying on the floor to catch his breath and recover), made me realize that for a 44 year old guy I'm in pretty decent shape. The bittersweet portion of it came at the expense of realizing how out of shape my seemingly healthy-looking 20 year old son is. That gives me more than a little concern.