Sleeve

Haley_Martinez
on 8/24/18 10:19 am
RNY on 05/03/18

I would SERIOUSLY encourage you to research the 3 most common weight loss surgeries (vertical sleeve gastronomy, duodenal switch, and roux n y gastric bypass).There may be medical or personal reasons why one would work better than another. For example, you should not get the sleeve if you suffer from GERD or heartburn. Please look this up before making a decision.

Also, I would research life after the surgery. A lot of people find that they can eat "normally" (meaning the foods they could eat pre-op) a lot sooner than they thought. I am less than 4 months out and can physically ingest anything from ice cream to pizza. Some experience side affects like "dumping", please look up possible side effects and complications while researching the surgery types.

What SHOULD we eat and what do the more successful people eat? For the sleeve and RNY most keep it between 600 and 800 calories of mostly protein. So lots of chicken, fish, turkey, etc. You can also go for some of the fattier meats like hamburger, steak, and ham if it fits within the calorie limits. You need to eat at least 60g of protein a day. Most people also like to keep their carbs under 30g a day, but that isn't everyone. To be honest though, if you are only eating 600 calories a day, it is difficult to eat very many carbs and still hit you 60g of protein requirement. Most don't drink any calories besides protein drinks (so no soda, milk, sweet tea, etc) and we must drink SO MUCH water. At least 64oz a day. You'll always be drinking water.

Please research this, these surgeries can be great and have amazing positive impacts on your life, but it is a major, no going back, decision so please look into a little more.

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/24/18 9:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The book "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" is a very good resource. It covers everything you need to know, and should help you make your decision.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/25/18 12:25 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Try going to a bariatric seminar. You can probably get access to a surgeon as well as testimonials from past patients & insurance information. At least that's how it was when I went to one back when I first looked into wls

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/