Dumping?

jamijolpn525
on 8/20/18 1:13 pm

I know for a fact I can't handle milk or ice cream. I get nauseated so bad it isn't funny. Cheese doesn't bother me and plain yogurt doesn't bother me. I can handle cottage cheese occasionally but only if it's low-fat. What happened to me yesterday may have more to do with the sugar content as I am very hypoglycemic too. Or maybe it was lactose intolerance. When I get my hypoglycemic attacks, I get heart palpitations, extremely sweaty, loss of concentration, disorientation, nausea, the whole 9 yards. Talk about miserable. I can tell you a horror story and I am so lucky to be alive. My blood glucose was 19. It's funny, so far it was the premier protein Vanilla that did it. Caramel hasn't seemed to bother me although when I drank it earlier today, I did experience some cramping about an hour later. Like I said earlier, I have gone back to the basics and pretending I am a newbie with my pouch and for the first time in a long time, I'm paying attention to what it says. It has amazed me that this beautiful little tool of mine is still working and I couldn't be happier. I just ignored it for way too long. So, for the next day or two, I am only having liquids of high protein and of course my water. Trying to heal the thing from over abuse. Then, off to soft proteins for a couple days, then to firm proteins. After that, I will re-incorporate my vegies and will be measuring 8 oz total three times a day. Filling in where I am lacking with my protein drinks. One piece of advice to anybody, don't ever forget the 30 minute rule of fluids. Even this far out it is important. I have reincorporated that in my day and it definitely makes a difference in staying satisfied. Thank you so much for your input.

Valerie G.
on 8/25/18 1:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It could be the whey or artificial sweeteners.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes