Life After Lane Bryant's

Insert Fitness
on 8/14/18 2:09 pm

Same! When I first started dropping sizes, consignment shops or goodwill weren't an option where I live, none of them carried Any plus sizes.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/18 1:59 pm

Prior to WLS I suffered with heal spurs and I wore old lady shoes for comfort. After I reached my goal all that went away (Except for the acid reflux I developed from over using NASIDs for the pain-still have Acid Reflux from that time). Anyway, at about 5 years out My husband, the girls and I were staying at the Marriott across from Quincy Market in Boston, it was Christmas time and Magic was in the air! We ventured into a really nice shoe and boot store and my husband splurged on these cowboy boots for me! Something I never would have dreamed of wearing before my surgery. I get so many compliments literally every time I wear these boots! People want to know the brand to buy them. They are gorgeous with a turquoise coloring and little red hearts. Probably one of my most treasured gifts my husband gave me!

Melody P.
on 8/14/18 2:14 pm - Amarillo, TX

Those are gorgeous! Yay for pretty foot wear!

Mel

Kathy S.
on 8/15/18 2:40 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WOOHOO the boots

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Melody P.
on 8/14/18 2:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

I've always had issues buying clothing. I'm a 6'2" woman with skinny legs and well no chest to speak of LOL. I'm also very long wasted. The jean choice sucks! I finally found some I like at torrid and old navy that were high waisted. BUT mostly my clothes came from Catherine's. Nice clothes yes but they don't really fit in my head as the style I like. I want to wear boho or renaissance styled clothing. I know a site that sells plus size down to smaller clothing. HolyClothing.com if I remember right.

I just want to wear pretty clothing. Even now at 73 pounds lost my sizes haven't changed to awfully much. One size in pants and sometimes 2 sizes in shirts. I know it'll come but I want it now! LOL

also...thrift stores. I would love to shop and find something nice and not settling for something in my starting size just because it fit.

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/14/18 2:22 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm also hoping for my feet to get smaller! I wear a 13 to 12 now and would love an 11 if it's in the cards.

Mel

Kathy S.
on 8/16/18 8:00 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Mine didn't get smaller in size but I no longer had to buy wide....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

PCBR
on 8/15/18 11:19 am

At the risk of sounding like a schill for eShakti.com (I've mentioned them like 3 times on this board), anyone who has challenging dimensions should check them out. Pretty clothes from size 0-36, with the option to customize per your measurements and style (length, sleeve length, hit at hips or below hips, neckline, etc) for a cost of $10. A vertically blessed person like you would be happy to know that even if you don't customize, they will hem everything to your height at no extra charge. I also have seen pieces on their site that fit what you describe as your style. It seems too good to be true, but I've used them multiple times, mostly for special occasion dresses. I think it's a must check out for anyone whose proportions and tastes don't match what most retailers sell.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

ljbarbara
on 8/14/18 3:07 pm

Many, many years ago, I went into a J.C.Penny store to buy a night gown. I asked one of the clerks where they were located. She looked me up and down (as only a skinny teenager can) and said, "We don't sell anything in your size here. You need to go over to Lane Bryants".

So I didnt go back there for close to 30 years!

About 7 years ago I broke my boycott any bought myself a darned nightgown right there in J.C.Penny...and it fit.

I guess in a round about way, my goal was to shop in J.C.Penny.

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

peachpie
on 8/14/18 3:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I love this question. Hands down a goal store was to be able to shop in Victoria's Secret. I did get teary eyed when the attendant did my fitting and fit me in such pretty bras.

Second to that I wanted to shop in the misses section of my favorite department stores- vs. the women's section.

I still haven't been brave enough to try Ann Taylor or Express-- still feel like I'm a fraud in those stores. But I'm plenty happy with my choices now.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI