Order out for pizza ? NOT

NCMTNEER13
on 8/7/18 10:56 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Does Cauliflower Pizza taste good? Or is it like gluten-free bread or tofurky? I often find its easier for me to give a bad food up rather than try to like a "substitute". But pizza is my weakness and if cauliflower pizza is good I may give it a shot rather than give pizza up.

Teresa G.
on 8/7/18 10:36 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I think it's good. But I like cauliflower rice too. :)

You need to cook it a specific way so the crust will crisp up some...I use a vented (?) pizza pan...has all the holes in it.

Something else I bet you'd really like is the "Real Good" pizza. The crust is made out of chicken! It is really, really good! I get the 3-cheese, and put turkey pepperoni and tomatoes on it. SOOOOO good! They have pepperoni, supreme and 3 cheese.

They also make enchiladas that I'm a bit obsessed with. One package has two enchiladas and I get two meals out of them. I get them at Safeway / Albertson's or at Vitamin Shop.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/1/18 5:16 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

My friend is vegan and I know she has said she gets vegan cream cheese and shredded mozzarella at Trader Joe's.

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/18 6:02 am

You can make a homemade much fresher and lighter cauliflower crust just by using your own food processor . Make four - bake one and freeze three !

This is what I use - a head of organic cauliflower

butter buds ( about a jarful or cupful)

salt pepper

I bake the crust using a butter flavored spray oil. Top with sauce ( spray oil first so the crust stays crispy)and fat free mozzarella and fresh basil ( I'm loving Margherita pizza these days)

Briefly bake on as high heat as your oven can stand ( obviously preheat) - 500 degrees or more . A pizza stone helps keep the crust crispy and helps prevent " soggy bottoms" in the middle of the pie .