Overeaters Annonymous??

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/18 1:44 pm

Hopefully you can keep them and if not maybe they will be rehomed together. I have seen shelters try to do that. I have taken many older animals (my 3 cats, two were a year and the other one was 4 and my dog was 6). They have done fine and are very spoiled. Bonded to us just like those I have gotten as a kitten or puppy. Nice names you picked.

Teresa G.
on 7/29/18 5:26 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I hope you're not censored for this quut.

I never knew of the plagiarism until you posted this, then I looked for myself. Yes, he did plagiarize. I'm really surprised that the knowledge of that isn't widespread.

Bill W had issues, but I have to believe he really wanted to help people, and I know that AA has saved many, many, many lives. It works for many people and I would never discourage someone from checking it out.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/18 7:44 am

I totally agree with you on the AA front .... not many options for an alcoholic in recovery and it is life saving for them. As overeaters we have many options in relation.

Laura in Texas
on 7/28/18 9:34 am

Have you tried Weigh****chers? Here there are so many WW meetings to choose from. I have several leaders who I really like. I like the group camaraderie and the healthy eating suggestions I get there. I do not follow their plan to a T, but I like the weekly weigh ins and the group support. It helps keep my mind in the game.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/18 9:58 am

Thanks Laura. I did try WW a few years ago and I liked it other then $. $ is tighter since not working (laid off) and I did not want to spend the extra $ when I did it myself spring of 2017 when I first joined OH.

I have to revisit idea of WW and start cutting back in other areas maybe.

Thanks for the good idea. You have been an inspiration for me being a 2008 grad (same as me) with no regain ever!

Megan

Teresa G.
on 7/29/18 5:27 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

And once you reach your goal (as set by your doctor) and maintain that goal, you become a lifetime member and the meetings are free!

They used to be that way anyway.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/18 2:15 pm

Laura, shhh I just signed up! Will attend my first Weigh****chers meeting Friday or Saturday. Thanks for mentioning to me. I like WW when I have gone, just was hoping not to spend the $ but it is worth the investment and for my health.

Tomorrow I am fasting for my first ever colonoscopy on Thursday. Not looking forward to it but better safe then sorry.

thanks again and have a nice evening!

megan

VSGAnn2014
on 7/31/18 2:24 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

I've read recently in some other WLS forums / FB groups of about half a dozen WLS patients who've joined WW to lose 20-40 pound regains. They report having considerable success that's steady, although not particularly rapid, and feeling more stable about their progress.

Generally, they report that they appreciate the support and encouragement they feel from WW to eat nutritious foods (the WW plan -- with lots of lean protein, veggies and fruits -- is in my experience bariatric-friendly) and the accountability that WW offers in the form of weekly weigh-ins.

FTR, I'm not pushing WW -- just sharing what I've heard other WLS patients say about it recently.

Best wishes.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/18 2:29 pm

Thanks Ann!

Melody P.
on 7/28/18 1:45 pm - Amarillo, TX

Personally I didn't care for OA. I found many very Rude and some very bitter in general if you didn't do just as they said. It was just my personal experience. I quit after four people wigged out as my sponsor. Honestly i'm Not in to the religious side of the 12 step programs either. It's one of those things that work for some and not so much for others.

Mel