Ok let's talk about SKIN !

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/24/18 1:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I play flat track, and even that is pretty scary! I don't know that I'd ever be brave enough to try banked track, LOL.

If you've chickened out on skating, you should look into reffing! You'll still get to be on skates, but there's no contact involved :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 10:00 am

That's so cool Julie !!! You're an awesome chicklet as I'm sure you know ...

you GO little Mommy ! ( and the name is great too :) )

Shannon S.
on 7/24/18 3:18 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I take biotin daily, and 10mg of collagen in my coffee daily, but I'm hoping to just have the best outcome I can before I have surgery. I have no doubt I will need work to fix the damage. My arms were huge before, and I can already see they are taking on the bat wing effect.

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/18 7:19 am, edited 7/25/18 12:19 am

I had my arms done and a few years post op you can?t even see the scars . Yeah I do like to wave them around lol ... and wear sleeveless tops and even little sports bras and bikini tops .

No one in my family has ever even noticed or commented on the scar though we swim and shower together every day in the winter...

I was an apple shape and nothing short of plastic surgery would have helped.

pre WLS I spent every summer trying to hide my disproportionately fat arms back and torso in cardigans . It's such a relief now to ENJOY rather than dread summer body exposure.

Shannon S.
on 7/25/18 3:55 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Can't wait for that phase! I'm already researching plastic surgeons!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/18 4:46 pm - OH

If "nothing short of plastic surgery" was going to help you, that completely contradicts your statement that you believe everyone can get their skin to "snap" back.

Your statement is like having someone who had WLS claiming that she believes everyone can lose massive amounts of weight and keep it off without WLS.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/18 6:19 am

I'm sorry you misunderstood . I never said everyone can snap back - I DO think there are very simple inexpensive ( but SMART!!) fixes that dramatically improve final results .

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/18 6:20 am, edited 7/27/18 11:20 pm

And I do EVERY one myself . Literally every day... because plastic surgery only does so much ... yes it removes hanging skin on your belly . What about your thighs ? Your neck? If you COULD wouldn't you want to be As firm as possible ? I'm an artist so yes I obsess about knee jiggle ( which is TOTALLY preventable and fixable ! )

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/31/18 1:00 am - OH

To quote Ronald Reagan, "there you go again".

I obsess about knee jiggle (which is TOTALLY preventable and fixable).

No, it is not totally preventable OR 100% fixable (even with surgery). People who had extremely heavy thighs for an extended period of time are almost always going to have the extra skin, extra tissue, and probably also some residual fat hanging at their knees. It isn't any more preventable than extra skin on your abdomen is and many plastic surgeons don't do inner thigh/leg surgeries because the results of those are generally the least aesthetically pleasing of all the extra skin removal and body recontouring surgeries.

When I was meeting up with a group of local WLS folks that I had never seen before, I was able to identify the first arrivals of the group because a couple of them had the common telltale massive weight loss leg silhouette (the extra around the knees that is visible even when they (we) have jeans on).

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.