Ok let's talk about SKIN !

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/18 9:26 pm, edited 7/21/18 2:27 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I?m not sure I understand the question ? what emotional/hormonal demands for regain come from loose skin?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/18 11:13 am

The emptied out fat cells put out extra estrogen ( a profound and strong weight gainer hunger hormone) ... this is proven . This is why most overweight guys have a great head of hair ... until they lose the fat lol.

common sense will tell you that emptied out fat cells will do ANYTHING to survive and get filled up again including hormonally and cravings-wise making you regain.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/23/18 2:57 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

What has been proven is that when you lose the weight, your fat cells release the stored estrogen bringing your body (eventually) into hormonal balance.

There are plenty of overweight people with thining/balding hair -- because research shows the balance of estrogen/testosterone impacts baldness more than a spike in testosterone or estrogen individually.

I'm not sure how it relates to anthromorphizing cellular behavior but common sense does tell me how rude and condescending it is to respond to a question with "common sense will tell you..." or maybe that's just manners.

Didn't you have a rant a few weeks ago about bullying and rude behavior?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MarinaGirl
on 7/21/18 10:20 pm
On July 21, 2018 at 9:44 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

I'll happliy share what I know works to end the " melted candle " look and the emotional and hormonal demands for regain resulting from it .

i Do believe ( from personal experience ) that ALL of us ( not just the youngest ) can enjoy snap - back tight skin and even photo - worthy definition .

What do You think? What works for You ?

You had plastic surgery so why didn't you share that since you stated you were going to share what you know works to end the melted candle look? Another disingenuous post from you. To not mention that PS is how you got "snap back tight skin and photo worthy definition" is pretty misleading/dishonest.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/18 4:39 pm - OH

Exactly! This is probably the most disingenuous post I have read on this site in almost 12 years here.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/18 10:50 am, edited 7/22/18 9:01 am

Yep and I?m a huge fan of plastics not only btcsuse they help visually but also because ( sorry my phone died and I discovered I?d left both my chargers behind traveling last week) the removing of empty fat cells via liposuction or freezing helps control hunger hormones and limits regain .

What works for you ?

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/18 4:01 pm

Plastics can help a lot but they can't control everything . Sunscreen helps prevent the exposure -caused breakdown of collagen fibers that thicken repair and tighten the skin.

exfoliation also tightens dramatically.

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/18 11:07 am, edited 7/23/18 4:08 am

Now here?s a potential game changer - have you ever seen an Asian person with saggy baggy loose skin? I bet not!

Ive been indulging in the big three (or big four ) of Asian culture for YEARS - ginger garlic ginseng and tea...

Yes they work ...what?s your experience ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/24/18 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Generally speaking, Asian countries have a far lower rate of morbid obesity than the US.

It's a question of diet and cultural expectations, rather than any magic in the ingredients.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 8:21 am, edited 7/24/18 1:26 am

You are both right and wrong Julie .There ARE fat people in Asia ( India has one of highest obesity rates and WLS amounts in the world)

have you ever TRIED the big three ? It?s a fact that tea speeds your metabolism and makes you lose weight . Garlic and onions are in the allium family whose extracts are the essential ingredient in scar erasing gels and even the incredibly expensive post plastic surgery patches docs prescribe for scarless healing .

Ginger is great for lowering cholesterol and thinning the blood ( reducing stroke and blood clot risk) without the adverse side effects and danger of internal bleeding caused by Western prescription medications such as Coumadin.

needless to say the positive effects of herbs plants and spices are much milder and no substitute for prescription medications .

I personally believe from my own experience that using the big three ( or four) wisely can at the very least postpone the need for prescription medication for some years .