Ok let's talk about SKIN !

sweetpotato1959
on 7/23/18 10:55 am

Yes! exactly- grew... To help minimize the flop until you are ready to have surgery- support garments do help keeping it from being stretched from activities we have not done in years...as in running, jogging , work outs that may have been modified . Now, I can do those things I want to do with support garments. without them- not happening. My shrink that was possible was done years ago.am 23 years post op. Yes i need reconstructives, but don't see it happening unless medically necesary a part of another procedure. The support garments can help prevent hernia's as well- if they are properly fitting.

Laura in Texas
on 7/21/18 3:29 pm

Don't forget to add that you have had plastic surgery, like so many of us here, to end the melted candle look.

I do think keeping our skin hydrated helps, but there is no "magic potion".

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sweetpotato1959
on 7/23/18 11:33 am

Some have had plastic surgery but I have not. I could use it and it would probably put me very near to goal weight, if i had the whole kit and kaboodle done... not happening. I'm Glad others have that option! It just has not been one I could do.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/18 4:25 pm, edited 7/24/18 12:41 am

Yep and I?m a huge fan of plastics not only because they help visually and to exercise comfortably but also because getting rid of the empty fat cells means much less hormonal pressure to overeat and regain.

each empty fat cells puts out extra estrogen just to exist : this is why most overweight men never get male pattern baldness till they lose ... extra estrogen makes you always want to eat !

PCBR
on 7/21/18 6:23 pm

I'm looking forward to my loose skin. I was thinking that maybe I'll be able to BASE jump sans a chute. Instead, I'll just glide back down to earth like a flying squirrel.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Writergurl08
on 7/22/18 2:37 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

My mom had RNY 16 years ago and is super embarassed and self conscious about her arms. She wistfully wished she could wear a sleeveless top on the 4th of July. I told her to paint her arms like the flag and let them fly!

She laughed til she nearly wet herself, but alas, did not heed my suggestion.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NCMTNEER13
on 7/23/18 9:31 am
VSG on 11/26/18

My wife has same issue with excess skin on her arms and has considered plastic surgery. But our 10 year old daughter is begging her not to because she likes to snuggle up against her excess skin and rub it for "warmth". She says "mommy...don't get rid of it... that is a part of you and I love you how you are".

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/24/18 10:29 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Bless her heart.

Your daughter has a great attitude, and I hope she carries the same love for her own body as she grows into a woman.

We'd all be a lot happier for it.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 12:56 pm

Lol no suit needed! Fly on your batwings :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/18 6:24 pm

Lol lol