Fat Free Dairy ....yess :)

ladygodiva1228
on 7/23/18 10:34 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I'll take full fat dairy any day of the week. full fat dairy is better full fat dairy raises good cholesterol

There are a bunch of resent studies that show full fat dairy is better for weight loss and is good for your heart.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/18 10:38 am

I'd LOVE to agree with you ,horse loving lady . But... maybe we can ride and even control this (overweight life shortening beast ). ..together

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 1:42 pm

Possibly for thin people ... but that's not US is it?

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/18 10:44 am

I love dairy as an innocent source of protein ..fat free cheeses sour cream yogurt and cottage cheese. The difference in achieved goal weight ( anecdotally) is 20-25 lbs kept off FOREVER due to choosing fat free over rationalizations !

idmuch rather rock a bikini with washboard ( lazy ) abs than sit in a darkened room justifying unhealthy full or half fat dairy choices.

Melody P.
on 7/23/18 10:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Science is not rationalization. Many studies have shown full fat dairy is not bad for you unless you eat a boat load.

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/18 10:55 am

Unfortunately most overweight people DO eat a boatload of fat Mel .. or rather several.

I understand the cravings ... I've LIVED This !!! But giving in ... means the surgery meant nothing .

Melody P.
on 7/23/18 11:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Fat free doesn't mean you get to eat all you want to either. You will gain just as much weight if you scarf down the low to non fat dairy.

WLS is just a tool for me. No one food is the enemy, for the most people our minds are. If we don't work through why we overate in the first place and fix that then there is no point to WLS. If we say full fat anything is the issue is a big disservice to us and food. I'm working through and still have a ways to go but I know, for me, that I spent to much of my life blaming high fat stuff. It was drilled into my head by all sorts of venues and people.

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 1:47 pm

Forgive me Melody but I TOTALLY disagree. I think whoever told you to eat full fat dairy also told you to count every calorie ...

I think we have a choice - eat creatively but generously fat free ...or live on a diet forever . Personally I consider a diet dying.

Scary.Airy
on 7/24/18 7:00 am

Sorry, kind of an off-topic question: what is "American cheese"?
Is that just cheddar? Or is that the "Kraft Singles" stuff - the individually wrapped "cheese" in the cellophane paper wrappers?

Sorry, OP, you mentioned it in your post and I've always been confused when I read that term.

As to FF vs full fat, I have always found it a bit of a tricky thing. For years, in the late 1990's I went low-fat everything, and did lose a lot of weight. However, my skin was a mess, my hair was dull and dry, and I definitely could have felt better.

These days, I am just a hard core label-reader and choose lower fat when it makes sense, and choose full fat when that makes sense.

Goddess in training...

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 7:40 am

Yes I was meaning fat free American cheese slices -though jalapeño jack and sharp cheddar slices are occasionally available . My policy is buy as much as you can when you can and freeze it if necessary .

shoprite actually has a great Kraft fat free cheese sale going on this week -bags of shredded fat free mozzarella and cheddar for

a buck ninety nine - NICE !