VSG on 05/23/18

Great post. Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/18 2:57 pm
Partlypollyanna
on 7/9/18 6:00 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Very powerful observation here!!

"Consider that no one tells an alcoholic or heroin addict to have a cheat day, or to drink or shoot up because "it's Christmas, your birthday, you're on vacation, etc" --- but will sabotage a food addict with the same argument.".

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sweetpotato1959
on 7/9/18 8:47 pm

HoJo,.. Very smart question... It shows you are well into the life journey you are embarking on.. Absolutely! the sooner you realize how many carbs you are eating and can cut them to the 50 or below range over 24 hours the better off you will be long term. I would cut them gradually.. figure where you are starting and cut in half. then cut in half again following week. by doing this gradual reduction should help with the detox effect by stretching it out.

This will give you a jump on liver detox...reducing stress on liver. I would also take herbal liver cleanse such as dandelion or milk thistle for a few days to give your liver the help it will be needing to clear those fats...from your body.

Multi vitamin, Yes. Then you do not need to be overly concerned about missing something that CAN trigger cravings... yep,. natural sugars. Apples were my number one enemy.. 2 thin slices of an apple were like calling every carb in the county....Vitamin C, magnesium citrate away from Iron.,If you take Iron it needs to be a separate vitamin that can be taken with a meal away from other vitamins... and away from Tea.

Like Cereal Killer... I had terrible blood sugar issues, but not diabetic- opposite.. blood sugar crashes to 29-40 were routine for several weeks until i could get my carbs and protein in balance. I actually had to add One carb serving to my protein meals. (I was not on a shake, it is probably balanced already.).. I started at 292.5... and 5'5" - 23 years ago. Diets had tried them all and ruined my metabolism.. was much less than normal. in pre surgery testing.

With the latest research , some of which is ongoing I have added K2 to my supplements. Early research has proven that this form of k, (not K1 that thickens the blood) K2 actually moves minerals such as magnesium, zinc, calcium back to our bones and out of the arteries. They are still trying to find out HOW it works, are convinced this is it's action. There are several more K vitamins named K3-8? and they are not sure what actions they have individually.

sweetpotato1959
on 7/9/18 7:45 pm

check your blood sugar... could be low blood sugar ...depending on your consumption/response. ... Dr might want to do a fasting blood sugar on you. If you are feeling faint get someone to drive you to that appointment. SOONER rather than later.! Dr may need to adjust your diet.