NSVs

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/18 3:46 pm

Never too early out to start counting. I forget some of the things like crossing my legs. I take for granted that I can do things like this now.

peachpie
on 6/24/18 1:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Latest NSV- going on a road trip and not buying crap at every single rest stop. I packed some snacks- ate some and had a sensible lunch.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/18 3:46 pm

That's a good one. It can be tricky when you are on the road. But totally doable.

Knitter215
on 6/24/18 4:26 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

Most recent one (there are too many to list)

Friday we were getting ready to go to a fundraiser for a local charity so I had hung my Lily Pulitzer shift dress on the door of my bedroom while I was getting other things ready. I turned and looked at it at one point and said out loud, who wears that size? I didn't recognize my own dress. I'm almost 2 years out and still see myself as the fat girl, not the fit girl.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Amy R.
on 6/25/18 9:06 am

slight hijack: Lily's are just the best. I struggle with Lily envy. What color/pattern is your dress?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/24/18 5:01 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Being able to fit in the middle seat on the train & not feel like I'm squishing the people on either side of me.

Bike riding & riding in tours

Rollercoasters!

Not feeling the need to eat everything on my plate & being ok with throwing food away.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/18 12:00 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have so many! Being able to buckle my seatbelt, or that I was able to fit into my little corolla when I bought it a year ago.

I can shop at thrift stores!

I love sitting in booths at restaurants

I have a lap I can put things on

My computer chair is a big and tall chair and it can fit two of me

Paid off my credit cards at those plus size clothes stores

So many more

Partlypollyanna
on 6/25/18 10:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The booth thing is huge, I am still having to get used to the idea that I can fit in the booth!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Julia S.
on 6/25/18 8:29 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

At my counselors office being able to have room in a chair, my legs no longer touch the arms and I don't feel like I'm losing the circulation in my legs or will be stuck trying to get out.

Getting rid of clothes that are too big.

Wearing clothes I bought and could never fit into before.

Being called "the incredible shrinking woman" by a coworker who hasn't seen me in a while.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy R.
on 6/25/18 9:15 am

I love recognizing NSV's. I started a list once and there was over a page of them. Of course I promptly lost it. But I have these:

*Doing the dishes and not having to change my shirt because my belly got so wet
*Not having to scan the room or wherever for a seat that I'll fit in
*Climbing rocks and hills with my little three and six year old grandsons
*Not killing myself getting down from said rocks
*legs crossed. knees crossed on floor. both without pain or having to figure out a way to get up
*climbing up on the kitchen counters to get to the top cupboard shelf (we have a really old house)
*not needing a cart to lean on at the grocery store
*being able to walk through stores and malls without having to stop for rest breaks
*being able to sit on anyone's furniture without having to worry about breaking it

So many more. This is a great thread Susan. It's good when we stop to remember what it was really like.