NSVs

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/18 5:02 am

One of my favorite things is NSVs. When I started out it was about looking better. Trust me I don't mind how I look now.

When the scale doesn't move down and you get down on yourself look at things you can do now that you couldn't before.

Last night I went to see Pop Advil, Cheap Trick and Poison. It was a great time. To be able to fit in the seat with out touching someone else's elbow or whole arm feels so good, standing and dancing I have to say is priceless.

Wshare your NSVs. It does help to look at things that are not related to the scale moving.

MJSpencer
on 6/24/18 5:32 am
VSG on 03/29/18

So true. Mine today was getting in the bath (I'm usually a shower girl as I rarely get the time to enjoy a relaxing bath) and there was room between myself and the sides. It's the little things

The Salty Hag
on 6/24/18 6:06 am
RNY on 05/20/13

My NSV is not having to haul an obese body around on a walker while trying to recover from my knee replacement surgery. I'm not even sure they'd have done TKR on me if I was still 290 lbs.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Melody P.
on 6/24/18 7:13 am - Amarillo, TX

My latest NSV is that I went to a summer solstice party, brought a piece of grilled chicken(everyone else had hot dogs or sausage). I stuck to my chicken and had one strawberry. I also brough****er as they all had mead, beer or sweet tea. I don't do alcohol anyway but I was very proud of myself for staying good. I wanted the guacamole but was told it was very hot and I'm a wimp...lol

Mel

Gwen M.
on 6/24/18 7:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I have so many NSVs!

I love being able to fly and not worry about squishing myself into the chair or worry about squishing my seatmate. That's such an amazing feeling.

I love being able to cross my legs!

I love being able to wear women's shoes.

I love being able to run and do pilates and yoga!

I love my core strength.

I love all the energy I have!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Haley_Martinez
on 6/24/18 7:58 am
RNY on 05/03/18

I don't have a lot yet because I'm so early out, but the other day I did get into my car and was really upset because my seat was pushed too far back. I confronted my mom about using my car without permission and she reminded me that she had been gone all day, plus she has her own car so why would she use my (much crappier) car, also she's shorter than me, so she would have moved the seat forward.

It literally felt unreal, like just yesterday my stomach was touching the steering wheel and now I have at least 2 inches of space, just from the weight loss.

I almost feel like someone is playing a prank on me to be honest.

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

The Salty Hag
on 6/24/18 2:47 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I still remember when I'd lost about 30 or 40 lbs, I had my emergency brake set on my truck, and for the first time ever, I reached down while buckled to release the lever. There was a time I'd get in, get buckled, realize the brake was set, and struggle to release it while buckled. I'd always end up having to unbuckle to reach the lever. ( Didn't help that I have T-Rex arms, but that's another issue..haha. )

Once I realized what I'd done, I burst into tears.

And yes, often things will feel like you're being punk'd. I remember trying on jeans and I had to keep going down in sizes, all the while thinking "Where's Ashton Kutcher??? I know he's behind this!"

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/18 3:19 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I remember setting the emergency brake on my truck without having to open the door to make room. Definitely an NSV!

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/18 3:49 pm

Early out is when you have to star****ching for them.

PCBR
on 6/24/18 11:06 am

I'm early out, but the other day I put on some pants that were tight st the button and right at the legs. Now they fit properly--which is great because they are good for Summer. Also, in put on a t-shirt and it didn't ride up to reveal the top of my love handles.