Reality Pants

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 8:34 am

i have so many pairs of jeans that I forget they have stretch in them. I think oh I'm losing again. Nope just stretched out.

my advice is buy jeans without stretch and try them on. Weight gain can happen. At five years about losing is a lot different than right after surgery.

soBuy the pants and make sure you wear them once a week so denial doesn't happen.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/18 8:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good suggestion. I know that pre-WLS I stretched the heck out of several things without admitting why. Thanks!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gina 22 years out
on 5/31/18 10:53 am - Burleson, TX

Amen, Sister!!! And even the same brands will change their sizing, one year to the next...or even one season to the next, sometimes. I have learned, the HARD way, to always TRY THINGS ON, BEFORE I BUY them...No way can I "eyeball" things, anymore!

Same with the stuff already in my closet! Nothing like packing, for a trip...getting somewhere...and your intended outfit is too stinkin' tight...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 5/31/18 11:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Advice! All my pants were sweat pants that give and give and give. When I hit goal I threw them all out and now only have skinny jeans.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 12:00 pm

I got rid of all of my leggings. I also feel when I wear an outfit that shows my body and doesn't cover it. I feel put together. Not hiding it like I used to.

CC C.
on 5/31/18 4:13 pm

I used to blame my dryer for shrinking my clothes and hung all tops and pants to dry. It's nice to use it for clothes again! If I ever start blaming my dryer again, I hope I recognize it's me growing, not it shrinking.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 6:59 pm

I had a crazy friend who said someone put smaller clothes in her closet. She legit thought that.

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/18 4:29 am

I love the White House BlacK Market Jeans... I have a big collection over the years. A naturally skinny friend brought me in there after about a year out from surgery and hooked since. They are expensive but if you use a retail me not coupon or catch a sale you can usually get them for $45 -$55. Once you try them you will not want any others! My transfer addiction! Lol!

Amy R.
on 6/2/18 5:47 pm

Thanks for this - I was looking for something different. It's much easier to spend a bit more now since it's likely they'll be worn longer and not put aside for being too small in a month or two. I remember giving up on a lot of nice clothing preop because my size just kept increasing so quickly.

My favorite ones so far have been "Not Your Daughters Jeans" (I think that's the name). They are cut a bit differently than many of those marketed to the younger women and they are crazy comfortable. And flattering to those of us with tummy skin. They also cost a bit but you can catch them on sale once in a blue moon. And I still do some consignment store shopping.

It would be fun to see a thread dedicated to jean recommendations.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/18 6:24 pm

Thanks Amy! I have a pair of those in size 4 from my early days. In my save pile for now as a bit small. I agree they are also great brand and jeans. I always find sales, rarely buy full price. Retailmenot is a wonderful site for discounts when shopping online. I used it for swap.com yesterday and was able to pick up my husband 3 pair of Eddie Bauer Cargo and regular shorts for $27 with shipping after the discount for all 3 pair! He likes their shorts and I had read someone hear mention swap.com (I believe Janet) checked it out and found his favorite style shorts that are not in the store right now!! Could not beat the price!