Insurance Approval - CHECK!

Teresa G.
on 5/30/18 11:44 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Gee, that was nice.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/30/18 11:54 am

So, just nod and smile when you deny sensible advice? Okeydoke.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/30/18 12:41 pm - OH

And that she is one of the precious few who doesn't have life throw her a medical or psychological curve ball...

Denial is a tried and true approach... until that dodge ball smacks you upside the head.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/30/18 12:38 pm - OH

If you bothered to do any checking with the long time vets, you would find that most of them have had SOME regain, for SOME period of time for a wide variety of reasons.

For me, I kept my weight stable within 5 pounds up or down, for 8 years, but then the downtime of having two total knee replacements AND having an open abdominal surgery all within less than 3 years -- and now some abdominal pain (almost certainly from adhesions from the previously mentioned surgery) that no one will fix OR give me any reasonable number of pain meds to help deal with -- have resulted in some regain.i am post-menopausal, so that also contributed, and makes it much harder to get the weight off.

Many people have experienced changes in their physical health or in their marriages or job situations that have resulted in some weight gain.

One of the folks here who is CRAZY diligent about what she eats followed a doctor's advice and suddenly started gaining weight. She went back to doing what she was doing, an dthe weight gain stopped... but most people aren't anywhere near as disciplined as she is.

You will, of course, do whatever you want to do, and after this exhcnage you likely won't come back askeing for help when/if you do start to regain. Jus****ch the arrogance factor because it can really bite you in the ass down the road.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Teresa G.
on 5/30/18 12:42 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with
On May 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM Pacific Time, ****rogirl, The PhD Version wrote:

If you bothered to do any checking with the long time vets, you would find that most of them have had SOME regain, for SOME period of time for a wide variety of reasons.

For me, I kept my weight stable within 5 pounds up or down, for 8 years, but then the downtime of having two total knee replacements AND having an open abdominal surgery all within less than 3 years -- and now some abdominal pain (almost certainly from adhesions from the previously mentioned surgery) that no one will fix OR give me any reasonable number of pain meds to help deal with -- have resulted in some regain.i am post-menopausal, so that also contributed, and makes it much harder to get the weight off.

Many people have experienced changes in their physical health or in their marriages or job situations that have resulted in some weight gain.

One of the folks here who is CRAZY diligent about what she eats followed a doctor's advice and suddenly started gaining weight. She went back to doing what she was doing, an dthe weight gain stopped... but most people aren't anywhere near as disciplined as she is.

You will, of course, do whatever you want to do, and after this exhcnage you likely won't come back askeing for help when/if you do start to regain. Jus****ch the arrogance factor because it can really bite you in the ass down the road.

Please tell me where I was arrogant. If I came across as that, then I sincerely apologize.

I probably wouldn't have stirred this pot had I said that I'm getting rid of my plus size clothing as soon as they are too big.

Teresa (WA State)

Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/30/18 1:50 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

"Regain isn't EVERYONE'S reality. I'm sorry that it was yours. [But of COURSE it won't be mine.]"

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/18 3:50 pm

Yup that was the line :) that ticked people off! hopefully she is right! Only time will tell! There are a few here who have done it But many of us battle a little regain years out. No big deal we are human after all and winning the fight day by day! On that Merry Go Round that we will never ever be off! :)

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/18 10:37 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have a few of my old shirts left. 5x size! I put one on last night and it fell off my shoulders and down on the floor. I laughed pretty hard. I donated a lot of my ultra big clothes, but kept a lot to give to my mom who is SMO. I didn't have junk. I had Lane Bryant and Catherine's which was pricy.

Queen JB
on 5/30/18 11:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am going to jump onto the Debbie Downer train, but please hear me out--it is not meant to be negative at all.

When I was wearing plus sizes it would take 20 or more pounds to be in a smaller size. I lost a solid 40lbs before anyone at work even acknowledged that I was losing. But now that I am in single digit sizes, I am not kidding--2lbs can kick you out of a size! Really, it's incredible, but I have had only 6lbs of regain since my low weight, post op. Six pounds used to be a rounding error! But now it kicks me up 2 - 3 actual pant sizes. I hate it, but it is true.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teresa G.
on 5/30/18 11:42 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I've got two "goal" pair of jeans. Both are size 14. But when you hold them up together, one is a good two inches smaller in the waist!

Gotta love vanity sizing.

Teresa (WA State)