My journey started at 678lbs

UniquelyMadeSleeve
on 5/30/18 7:43 am
VSG on 06/07/18

Wishing you the best with your process & journey. I look forward to your successes as well. Thank you.

Emiepie
on 5/29/18 1:23 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You've done amazing so far. Keep at it!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/30/18 6:58 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Sending you nothing but good thoughts for your surgery. Congrats on getting the approval you so deserve.

You must be very proud of yourself and your accomplishment thus far.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Scary.Airy
on 5/30/18 7:04 am

Incredible!! Do you blog? Would you consider it ;)
I think a lot of us would love to read your journey, and you'd probably be such an inspiration to so many who thought they should just 'give up'. I mean, omg, 259lbs lost on your own!

Please at least keep in touch with the message boards here; I know I'll be looking forward to hearing how your surgery went.

Question, just because I am Canadian and still don't really 'get' the insurance rules in the US... were you approved because you lost all that weight on your own? Approved because you chose the sleeve this time? Policy changes? New insurance company? All of the above? I ask because it breaks my heart reading posts from folks that were denied this life-changing surgery.

Goddess in training...

UniquelyMadeSleeve
on 5/30/18 7:52 am
VSG on 06/07/18

Good day! I was approved because of new insurance. I am still considered morbidly obese. I love how Canada assures that everyone is covered. Many people are going to Mexico who have been denied surgery. It is expense to pay cash in the US. It is disheartening. However, I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Back when I 1st wanted the surgery, the sleeve would not have been an option and I would have been more high risk.

This weight loss journey is hard but the rewards are huge. I am preparing my mind for life beyond the sleeve as I know plastics will be part of my future.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am thinking of doing a video blog of my journey. I actual started one years ago & got away from. I may just have to go back. I will keep you updated. Thank you.

Kathy S.
on 5/30/18 1:33 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have done amazingly! Congratulations!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MadisonRose
on 5/30/18 8:16 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Congrats to you!!! Your weight loss is incredibly awesome!! You are such an inspiration! Good luck with your surgery! I'm sure it will go well. Sending prayers and positive vibes your way! Please keep us updated on your progress.

I'm still working on getting approved. My current insurance does not cover it, but I have a job interview on Friday with a different company with different health insurance. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I refuse to give up!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/18 8:55 pm

Wow! 259 lbs. on your own is quite an achievement!!! Praying that all goes well for you on your surgery and that the weather cooperates for you in AK!

diane S.
on 6/2/18 11:39 am

Wishing you the best! I had to fight to get my surgery (insurance fight and other issues) and I think the fact that I had to fight for it made me more determined and successful in the long run. You will find this too. Go for it. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/