Bingeing at night...

Yellowtulip
on 5/25/18 10:54 am

That's really good advice. I will write this down and keep track of what I need to do. After surgery, did you still have "belly weight?" I lose around my legs and hips but the belly weight just won't move.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/25/18 6:57 pm

Tulip, Most people loose in reverse order that it was put on... according to the research done thru "The Obesity Wellness Clinic "in Memphis T***** the newest fat is easiest to break down and the body has specific places it stores fat, especially in women. I first noticed facial, sinus, knobby knees and my daughter found my clavicle.. The thing to do is to use the resoucres you have available, whether it is this encouragement board, or another that stresses activities and a specific exercise routine. This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. It is a long life long journey, not a afternoon jaunt. Understanding this is a lifetime of changes...whether done via diet /exercise or thru surgery/diet/exercise...it is important that you embrace each day , live it to the fullest and have a positive attitude about it. Negative's feed the hormone releases that stop weight loss.

Janet P.
on 5/28/18 4:48 am
On May 24, 2018 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, Yellowtulip wrote:

Hi everyone. I am dieting and do well during the day. I eat three meals of high protein and low carb and watch my calories. But late at night (several nights a week) I get up and binge big time. It's like I'm possessed and can't eat enough or fast enough. Then I wake up in the morning and feel like such a weak loser. I screwed up again! Does anybody relate? Any help or guidance? Feeling very alone and looking for help.

YT - just a couple of thoughts as I read your post (and actually reread it several times), especially since you haven't had surgery - I'm assuming you're in the research phase.

If you're considering any type of WLS you need to understand your relationship with food. It will change, I guarantee that. But you need to find out why you binge because that feeling won't simply go away once you have surgery. Remember that "they operate on your stomach not on your head". If you have issues with food before surgery, you will have those same issues after surgery (and new issues can arise).

I was in therapy before my surgery for non WLS-related issues but once I made the decision we simply incorporated that aspect into my sessions. I stayed in therapy for about 2 years after my surgery. WLS is a life-changing event and IMHO should be treated that way.

You're definitely not alone.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny