Bucket List

Jess Says Yes
on 5/22/18 5:10 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Here are a few of mine, in no particular order:

• go to a waterpark (and go down the slides)
  • travel to Europe (fit comfortably on the long plane ride, climb the old stairs, walk around all day to see all the sights)
  • return to a regular yoga practice
  • play football in my family's annual turkey bowl
  • go zip-lining
  • go hiking somewhere stunning

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kathy S.
on 5/23/18 7:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

A weight loss surgery bucket list can be the key to keeping you going when you hit a speed bump. I am 14 years out and still adding items. Great items everyone

My first items were typical as we don't dream big at first. Or at least I didn't.

Walk without my left side going numb

Be able to bend to do my toes pedi.

Buy clothes from a regular store

Wear a single digit size

Fly on a plane and not need a belt extension and be able to put the tray down.

Then as I started losing weight I got really daring

Ride a bike

Skate

Zip line

Run a 3k

I am doing a bucket list item this weekend. Driving a very fast car at Raceway Laguna Seca Do you think a 330 pound women could to that? NOPE!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gwen M.
on 5/23/18 8:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm not a bucket list maker, but my one goal was to not be prevented from doing anything I wanted to do because of my weight.

So far, so good :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Knitter215
on 5/23/18 8:35 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Zipline (7/17)

Ride a horse again (7/17)

Take up an active sport and compete on a national level (I fence) - going to Summer Nationals in July

Buy cute clothes at places like TJ Maxx, other discounters and consignment stores - all the time now

Wear the dress I wore on New Year's Eve 1993 (1/18) (Black, Donna Karan original cold shoulder dress)

Cross my legs (3/17)

Stop taking narcotics for knee pain (10/16)

Deadlift more than I weigh (3/18)

Do a pull up (working on that)

Plank 90 seconds with a 35 pound weight on my back (4/18)

Keep up with my teenage daughters - doing it every day - some days I have more energy than they do!

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

DescendTheStair
on 5/24/18 8:20 am - Portland, OR
VSG on 06/25/18

I have yet to have my surgery, though it's quickly approaching. I've had a running bucket list in my head for years of all the things I wanted to do when I lost weight.

-As seems popular, feel comfortable fitting in an airline seat. I can usually squeeze it under my belly and not use an extender, but I definitely cannot pull the table down without feeling like a canned sardine.

-Go to Universal Studios and Disney World with my daughter, who is now 14. I've been avoiding it because I know I won't be able to fit in the rides, and I want to be able to share that experience with her. She's already gone with friends, but I REALLY want to see Harry Potter world!

-I want to run. This is a huge one for me. I've always wondered what it felt like to run without feeling like my knees would explode.

-I want to be myself...comfortable in my skin, and not feel self-conscious every time I go out (this also includes not being afraid to take pictures, or be a part of pictures with others).

-I want to engage in more activities with my daughter. Running, bike riding, swimming, etc without running out of energy or falling behind (and join a yoga class!)

-I want to go hiking! We went to California last year (absolutely beautiful btw), and I'd love to hike some of the trails there!

-I want to fit into regular clothes, and not go into a fitting room already dreading the outcome.

-I want to get off the 12 prescriptions I'm currently on at 32 years old...including meds for cholesterol, glucose intolerance, and muscle relaxers for lower back pain brought on by my weight.

-I want to join a dance class without feeling self-conscious. I miss dancing!

-I want to wear my heels and boots again, which don't fit because of the weight I've gained.

-I want to feel comfortable enough in my skin to get on stage and read my writings at a local literary event that goes on once a month.

The list goes on but...I think that's a good start at least!

36 year old single mom of an awesome geeky teenager

5'3.75" (yes, that extra three-quarter inch is necessary. I'm ALMOST 5'4"!).

June 25th, 2018 VSG with Dr A. Hargroder| HW:291 SW:284 CW:272 GW: 135

January 10th, 2022 Revision to RNY with Dr. M. Reavis| HW: 291 LW: 195 CW: 245 GW: 135

Amateur dragon slayer, fairy hunter, occasional builder of fantastical worlds through words.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/18 2:22 pm - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

I'm still pre-op, but for 25 years, I have been saying that "if I ever lose the weight" I am going to Cedar Point Amusement Park and ride all the rides. I'm so excited at the prospect, and my nephew says he will go with me. I'm also looking forward to going to his plays and being comfortable in the theatre seats.

I can't imagine being able to shop in regular stores but I'm excited about that too ... and being to wear a shoe that isn't a running shoe.

My main impetus for making this journey is to get off my meds and CPAP and to be able to do things without getting out of breath and sweating.

Bottom line ... I'm looking forward to living for the first time in decades.