Bucket List

ballroomdancer810
on 5/21/18 6:08 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm creating a bucket list of all the things I want to do that I can do now because of my weight. What were some of yours?

Peace,

Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/18 8:26 pm
VSG on 01/12/17
  1. Ride roller coasters once I could fit in the seats.
  2. Fit in a compact car
  3. Shop in trendy stores
  4. Have a social life
Partlypollyanna
on 5/22/18 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

1.zipline - chexk

2. Pilates reformer class - check

3. Aerial aerobics class - tbd

4. In door sky diving - tbd

5. Not obsessively check the weight restrictions on every activity I decide to do - still in progress!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/22/18 5:16 am, edited 5/21/18 10:16 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My goals were not so exciting!

1. Be able to walk on the beach without pain in my back and knees and without my thighs getting raw from rubbing together
  2. Be able to cut and polish my toenails
  3. Be able to do work around the house and not sweat so much that it runs into my eyes
  4. Be able to wear clothing without having a muffin top all the time

ETA: All accomplished!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Lisajc70
on 5/22/18 5:25 am

Get back into my belly dancing classes, now that I am not exhausted all of the time, and in pain.

Lisa RNY 1/8/18 SW: 203 lbs CW: 135 lbs

In maintenance since August 2018. Tummy tuck and liposuction done May 9, 2019.

ballroomdancer810
on 5/22/18 5:42 am

I super love dancing!!! I do ballroom, Latin and country, but would love to eventually try belly dancing.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/22/18 8:19 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Here are mine:

Stop my blood pressure medicine (6 months post-op)

Get off my CPAP (6 months post-op)

Ride in the big city bike race, 40 miles (1 year post-op)

Get pregnant (1 year post-op)

Ride in RAGBRAI, 150 miles in 3 days (3.5 years post-op)

Join the local roller derby league (4 years post-op)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/18 3:28 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I do not have a bucket list per se, but I do have a serious accomplishment. We bought a used subcompact car last year to extend the life of my truck. New trucks are over 50 grand. This little runabout cost me 5 grand. It has paid for itself twice over since we bought it.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/26/18 8:25 pm

Little Bill jr.... That is some weight loss and to be below your goal! If you want to go further you have the ability and the tools now. Blessings to you as you continue on your journey to better health. Good call on getting the car and being able to utilize it for your best benefit.That is a gret savings in 1 year!

Do not feel alone in no having a "bucket list" .

My goals were closer to home as well. Be able to walk without knee pain, shortness of breath, able to care for my aging parents as needed,.Enjoy walks in the park with my daughter, take part in gardening and other fun outside activites without being a side show. Those are goals I met and have maintained for over 22 years.. nothing spectacular just common activities for every day living.

Scary.Airy
on 5/22/18 4:40 pm
  • Sit in any chair (including folding portable camp chairs) without wondering 'omg am I going to warp this thing?"
  • be much more comfortable at the movie theatre, sports venues, airplanes, etc.
  • I want to do a 'mud run' - you know, they are usually a 5k that have fun obstacles like mud pits, the huge blow-up slides, etc.
  • I'd love to do a "colour run" too - where you are running through clouds of colour pigments getting all messy :)
  • Either another cruise or trip down south, this time with the ability to do any kind of cuckoo activity that comes up, if I feel like it, like sharing a bumper car, indoor skydiving, etc
  • I want to do a family portrait session, I am always too ashamed when I know I hulk over the rest of my family
  • I'd love to do a boudoir session too, for hubby's eyes only :)
  • Be stronger so I can get back into hobbies I love, like refinishing furniture, painting, etc.
  • Get into a solid fitness routine at work so I come back from lunch feeling strong and refreshed and focused.