Bingeing ...I need advice

JaimeRG
on 5/22/18 8:58 am

Thank you all for your kind posts. I am actually in the process of finding a new psychiatrist that is associated with my therapist. That way they can communicate easily. I am put off by my nutritionist right now because she has not called returned my therapists phone calls. Since I have not felt satisfied with her anyway, I am also in the process of getting a new one of those. I am a person who needs a lot of direction right now, and my nutritionist isn't helping me do that. So I found another nutritionist who has worked with bariatric patients who I will need next week. I have learned a lot from my therapist about bingeing and how to at least switch it from being an all day event to a single event and then moving back onto healthy choices. I have been putting post it notes around my cupboards to try and help me remember that I don't need to do this. :-) We'll see how that works. I know I need to tone down the exercise, but until I know more about how many calories I should be eating, I will struggle with that. But I am slowly getting to the point of making positive changes. I also talked with my surgery center and got some more comforting information and how to move forward. I need to keep trigger foods out of my house even if my family likes them. Now to get my husband on board is the problem.

Thanks for listening and giving advice during this difficult time for me.

Jaime

MyBariatricLife
on 6/13/18 9:00 am

Good luck!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

sophiesmom712
on 6/12/18 7:37 am

Oh my. I wish I had advice for you. This reply is just a show of solidarity and support. I've dealt with an all-consuming sugar addiction for years. I take Vyvanse and an anti-depressant, and I still struggle. As much as I call out to my MD, my nutritionist, and my therapist that it's like being a heroin junkie, they listen and nod politely, but no one seems to take it seriously. It's killing me. Probably literally. I've now made my 1st appointment with a bariatric surgeon. VSG is my last hope. I'm praying that removing the satiety center of the stomach will help me get on top of this thing. I'll admit that it's discouraging to hear that you are post-VSG and still struggling. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I will keep you in my thoughts. If I ever find the golden ticket to this problem, you'll be the first to know!