Any ideas for crabmeat?

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/18 5:37 am

Yes! Crowd favorite mini or burger sized low-fat crab cakes !

Neither you nor your friends will be able to tell the low-fat difference in taste ... but you'll eat satiated and wake up looking defined :)

one can lump crabmeat

Italian spiced breadcrumbs

1/4 cup fat free or low-fat mayonnaise

3 eggs

i add fresh cilantro but you don't need to or you can dice and add parsley

butter buds 4 tablespoons

concentrated chicken broth/ stock 2 tablespoons

mix chicken stock butter buds breadcrumbs eggs cilantro and mayonnaise . Let sit 5 min add crab BARELY MIX . You don't want to break up the crab. Shape into patties and either bake or pan fry ... ( I far prefer the results from baking... but not too long )

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/15/18 7:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

To the OP:

Bread crumbs are not an appropriate food during the weight-loss phase, especially at only a few weeks out. Leave them out!

You can also use real butter instead of the freeze-dried stuff; fat intake isn't a huge deal post-WLS.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Theduffman27
on 5/15/18 8:40 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I use pork rinds in lieu of breadcrumbs for any recipes, seems to be a good substitute...

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Scary.Airy
on 5/15/18 2:33 pm

Thank you everyone! Some great ideas (and yes, I am wincing at even the thought of breadcrumbs or 'crunchy' right now! I am very much not there yet :) )

These are some great ideas, and I feel like I can adjust to make the teeny tiny little portions I am ingesting at the moment. I was never much of a good cook, so I don't trust myself to 'wing it' and come up with these on my own.