50 pounds later

Melody P.
on 5/9/18 6:09 pm - Amarillo, TX

On February 14th I had a doctors appointment to meet a requirement of visits for the insurance. On that day I weighed 336 and some change. I had been depressed for the multiple rejections from the insurance. That is the highest weight I had ever been. After another denial after that visit I was sure that was it...my hope was pretty much shattered.

About two weeks after that visit and the denial a few days later they finally approved my surgery(my doctor kicks some major ass) and I had VSG done on March 14th. I lost 11 pounds in two weeks before the surgery and 39 pounds since the surgery.

Folks...I can't even describe my feelings. I'm happy, that's for sure. I'm excited...more than ever before in my life. A little scared but that comes from not knowing what to expect. I've haven't been this weight since 9th or 10th grade when I did WW once. It's very foreign but in a very good way.

It's kind of like the feeling when I flew in a plane for the first time or saw my favorite band in concert. Exciting things are afoot and I am happier than I've been in a very long time...if not all adulthood. No it's not the weight coming off that instantly made everything ok. The time i've put into myself, making decisions for the first time with me being first...that's been super powerful for me.

I know that I am worth the effort and that I deserve to feel happiness.

Thanks to all of you here who has shared the ups and downs...it has truly helped me!

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/18 7:49 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am so happy for you and believe me there will be a lot of these moments where you can't describe how you feel. Best way I've been able to express it is simply living life. Most of us never really knew what that felt like because life at high weights is not actually even close to living life. You definitely deserve all the happiness you're feeling and I know you'll feel it from now on. You got this!

NYMom222
on 5/10/18 5:17 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Luck and work hard. It doesn't get any easier than it is now.

I had already decided to make it my 'job' but best advice I heard in the beginning: Be a machine

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kristi T.
on 5/10/18 8:54 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so glad you are learning to put yourself first, that is a hard one. Like NYMom222 posted, "Be a Machine!" You are doing great!

Kathy S.
on 5/10/18 10:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130