Thinking about how much I should lose

Annie7314
on 5/1/18 4:14 pm

I'm okay with losing 1-2lbs a week.

Mary Gee
on 5/1/18 1:16 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You mention mozzarella sticks and catfish nuggets. Are they breaded and fried? If so, I'd eliminate them.

I'm on a tight budget too. I only buy meats that are on sale. One week it might be chicken (I usually eat thighs -- they are moister than breast meat, and they're usually $.99 when on sale), chuck roast (cooked in Instant Pot or slow cooker), and boneless pork chops. And I buy fish from the Fish Counter at the supermarket - not from the Frozen Food Section. I get haddock and salmon, and bake it. Eggs are my "go-to" breakfast (I make veggie omelets several times a week). I buy veggies on sale too - whatever is in season.

One recipe I love making is cauliflower fried rice...riced cauliflower loaded with mushrooms, peppers and onion, a scrambled egg, and chopped up chicken or pork, with light soy sauce.

I don't stick to a rigid schedule like you. I'm preplanning meals and tracking them on myfitnesspal.com. I have had a lot going on in my life and haven't reached goal yet... I am finally getting near "Onderland", and hope to lose another 50 pounds after that. I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week, generally.

My restriction works when I eat the right food. Four oz. of chicken fills me up....but I could eat breads and other carbs up the wazoo and not feel full.

Best of luck on your efforts.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Annie7314
on 5/1/18 4:19 pm

I don't bread anything. I sautee the catfish nuggets in lemon juice and the mozzarella sticks I eat them from the fridge. I peel the layers like a little kid... Lol. Gonna ask and see if I can do 3oz of protein only to up my calories and protein. I am only getting a little over 500 calories a day and that isn't enough.

White Dove
on 5/1/18 2:24 pm - Warren, OH

It your normal calories are 4,000 a day and you cut down to 500, you will lose 30 pounds in a month. It is 3,500 calories to lose one pound.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends