Thinking about how much I should lose

Annie7314
on 4/30/18 3:31 pm

So,I am 13 yrs out and am at 273.4 (according to my scale).Thursday I went to the bariatric center for the 1st time since 2005.I weighed 280.8lbs at the office. Dr. put me back on the bariatric diet which is 2oz protein and 1oz veggies 6 times a day. Plus, 64oz water. So, since Thursday I have lost almost 7lbs. Started feeling nauseous on Saturday evening but was fine yesterday morning. At church I started feeling nauseous again and after Sunday School and had to go out to the van and for an hour was dry heaving and throwing up water and was like that all day. Same thing today so, I called my Dr's office and told them and nurse said it sounds like the flu. Well, it is more like stomach flu. So, on clear liquids all day today. I tried drinking flat diet ginger ale, water, broth, everything is bothering my stomach. Maybe I will try hot tea. But, I have a question? Since I am 13yrs out and starting this diet again and sticking to it, how much do you think I should be losing a month. Is it possible to lose 30lbs a month being only 273lbs? I know on My 600lb Life, they are expected to lose 30 or more lbs a month before surgery in order to qualify. If I lost almost 7lbs in 3 days that would be about 12-14 lbs per week. Is that possible? Anyway, I know I should ask the Dr but thought I would ask you all if there is anyone that has experience in this area. Thanks. Have A Great Day!

peachpie
on 4/30/18 5:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Unfortunately you won't keep losing at that rate. The initial loss is typically water weight. Realistically, even 2-3 pounds a week would be spectacular. after the initial year or two of WLS healthy, safe weight loss moves to the standard 1-2 pounds a week. People in my 600# life are eating an excess of 8,000 calories a day, so dropping that intake and losing fast is not hard, in the beginning. I'm doubting you're consuming that much.

Hope you're feeling better.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Annie7314
on 4/30/18 7:36 pm

I am only getting a little over 500 calories a day cause I am having a hard time getting protein that is high without shakes all day. My calorie intake is suppose to be 900 a day. With 2oz of protein per meal I would have to have 150 calories per meal. The only time I get 100 calories is eating 2 low-fat mozzarella string cheese sticks. They are 1oz each. I will be getting some protein powder tomorrow or Wednesday. I am low income and am trying to do what I can but running out of ideas food wise. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Just has to be inexpensive.

As far as the My 600lb Life and those people losing a lot of weight, I knew before they had surgery it was possible for them to lose that much because they were really big and with me being 273,I really didn't know what a realistic weight loss every month would be. Thank you for your reply.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/30/18 8:37 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Can you have eggs? Two eggs would be about 150 calories and 12 grams of protein. Also, have you considered the double milk (skim milk with dry milk powder added)? I found this on eggface's blog - Double Milk - 1 cup Milk mixed with 1/3 cup Nonfat Dry Milk Powder = 16 grams of protein per 8 oz. serving. You can add Sugar Free Syrups to change the flavor up. Great option if you run out of protein powder or it's a tight $$ month. (She has a ton of different ways to make egg bites too).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Annie7314
on 5/1/18 6:37 am

That sounds awesome. I am just trying to figure out how to work it in because I am only allowed 2oz protein per meal. 3oz food total. I will have to figure out a different plan with my schedule to get milk added in. Here is what my meal plan looks like:

5:15am-6:15am- 8oz water

6:30am-7:30am- 8oz water

8:00am-8:30am- Breakfast 2oz protein & 1oz vegetables

9:00am-10:00am- 8oz water

10:30am-11:00am- Snack 2oz protein & 1oz vegetable

11:30am-12:30pm- 8oz water

1:00pm-1:30pm- Lunch

2:00pm-3:00pm- 8oz water

3:30pm-4:00pm- Snack 2oz protein & 1oz vegetable

4:30pm-5:30pm- 8oz water

6:00pm-6:30pm- Dinner 2oz protein & 1oz vegetable

7:00pm-8:00pm- 8oz water

8:30pm-9:00pm- Snack 2oz protein & 1oz vegetable

9:30pm-10:30pm- 8oz water

The reason my schedule is like this is because I have to take 30min to eat. 1 HR to drink 8oz water and not allowed to drink with meals and have to wait 30min before and after meals to drink my water. So, this is really hard to get high protein with just 2oz at a time. I am suppose to have 900 calories a day and barely getting a little over 500 in a day. So, yeah, I definitely need help with it. I will try to see what I can do with the suggestions you gave me. Thank you

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/1/18 10:56 am

Milk has lots of carbs sugars. For every 8 gr of protein in milk you get 12 gr of lactose- milk sugar. Imo - too much carbs compared to proteins.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 5/1/18 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That's a good point, I only have milk (and yogurt) when my carb count can accept it. Since I'm aiming for 20g or less a day, it's definitely not an every day thing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

CC C.
on 5/1/18 12:14 am

Chicken has a lot of protein per oz. Look for sales. My market had one last week that was buy one pack, get a second one of equal or lesser value free. I stocked up for my freezer. Also whole chickens are cheaper per pound than cut up chicken pieces. And frozen chicken can be cheaper too.

Annie7314
on 5/1/18 7:12 am

Yeah, I love chicken. I've been getting boneless skinless chicken breast. I have been even eating catfish nuggets cooked in a little lemon juice and about 1tsp butter until I can get the spray margarine. I have been eating cottage cheese about 2 times a day or even 2 mozzarella string cheese 2 times a day. Thinking need to eat meat more cause it has more protein. So, maybe if I kick it a different way it will give me more protein. Thank you

Valerie G.
on 5/2/18 1:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Instead of breast meat, which is expensive, try chicken leg quarters instead. I see them all day for as low s 69¢/pound in a 10 lb pack.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes