Emotional upheaval - just griping

Melody P.
on 4/25/18 5:24 pm - Amarillo, TX

Even though I knew it was coming somewhat I still wasn't prepared for the emotional/mood issues. I am used to the moods, being bi-polar it's something I can deal with at this point(doesn't make it pleasant). The night times have become hard for me. Feeling very alone more often than not...I have great support but i'm the one doing the isolating.

I got clearance last week to up my exercise game. Sooo today I did 45 squats with a 10lb kettle bell amongst 3 sets of 15 of every other strength exercise I could think of. I did 5 minutes on the stairs and 25 on my stationary bike. Add that to a quick 8 minute walk earlier in the day. Now how do I feel? TBH sore and still feeling down...in other words *****y lol. BUT...I should sleep well tonight.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 4/25/18 6:01 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Nice on being able to up the exercise! I"m hoping for the same on the 1st! Just not having restrictions will be nice.

Maybe there's something in the air today, it's not my best mood day every to be sure!

Hang in there, get some rest and tomorrow is a new day, right?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

CC C.
on 4/25/18 11:25 pm

I was crabby for about 6 weeks. I missed my friend, food.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/26/18 7:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I have bipolar as well, and the hormone dump was a BEAST. Have you checked in with your pdoc lately? I had to make some pretty serious med adjustments during the first 6 months. I was on Lamictal at the time, which is made much less effective by estrogen, so the hormone dump meant I needed to double my dose for a while.

Hang in there!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kristi T.
on 4/26/18 10:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

If the exercise does not work and you continue to feel alone and isolate, I agree with Julie, maybe check in with your psych doc. My medications needed adjusting as well after VSG, but was able to go back down in dosages during post op year two. I wish you the best, hang in there and don't go too long without asking for help.