Plane seats

BioGirl
on 4/24/18 11:59 am

Hi.

So I am having an absolute meltdown at the moment because I have 2 flights coming up (Ryanair and virgin atlantic) and I'm not sleeping or eating over worry that I will get kicked off the flight for being too fat (I'm size 26/28). Will I fit in 1 seat?

Also if I need an extender-will the extender fit me? What if I'm too fat for the extender! How long are the seatbelts?

Someone please calm my nerves ???

Janet P.
on 4/24/18 12:24 pm

You will probably only need one seat and yes, the extender will fit.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Scary.Airy
on 4/24/18 1:15 pm

Use this site to find your exact flight, and the exact air plane you will be on... and you can check out the various seats sizes, leg room available etc.

I think you will find you can fit in them... maybe not super comfy, but you'll fit. Maybe ask for an aisle seat so you can 'leak' into the aisle a bit if you need to :)

The extenders are large. You'll be okay :)

Scary.Airy
on 4/24/18 1:16 pm

Wow... it would help if I included the link!!

www.seatguru.com

Amy R.
on 4/28/18 10:41 am

Thank you so much for this link! I don't have problems anymore with seat size but my husband is 6'4" and not super skinny. This helps a lot and I've bookmarked it. Thanks for taking the time to share it. =)

Kathy S.
on 4/24/18 2:30 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Take a breath I was 5'4" and 330 at my biggest and my husband was 6'4" and 350. We both fit into 1 seat each (we were uncomfortable) but we fit and the belt extender was big enough. You can ask to board early if you are nervous about getting in your seat and using the belt in front of people. My husband would sit in the aisle and I at the window. Most of the time no one sat in the middle seat and we could overflow to the middle LOL but if someone had to sit there I would move and my husband and I overflowed on each other... The one thing that will not work and don't even try is the tray, It will not come all the way down due to your tummy blocking it.

If this all bothers you to the point where you are going to make yourself sick, but an extra seat and you will not have to worry. Hang tough, YOU GOT THIS

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NYMom222
on 4/24/18 9:53 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

The extender will fit no problem.

As far as the seat- you will get in it, wether the airlines think it's a problem unfortunately no one knows. It is easier as Kathy said if you are traveling with someone else. Although I hate to be the bearer of bad news - not necessarily. I got humiliated traveling with my girlfriend on a Southwest flight. Luckily the third person in the row was tiny and basically said me being there was fine with her and to leave me alone. After that I started buying second seats. I also was a 26/28.

If you are really nervous about it, it's worth buying the second seat.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

BioGirl
on 4/24/18 11:20 pm

Hi. Thanks for your help and honesty. Can I just ask, do you mean a us size 26/28? Because I am a UK size 26 which is about a us 24 I think?

NYMom222
on 4/25/18 4:51 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes US size 26/28

and yes I believe you are correct on the UK/US sizing

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 4/25/18 7:19 am - Warren, OH

Most airline seats are about 17" between the armrests. Find a chair the same size and see if you fit into it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends