I'm regaining.

seattledeb
on 4/25/18 9:22 pm

You've been a long time mentor for me. I value your perseverance and kindness!

Thanks for being here.

White Dove
on 4/26/18 6:41 am - Warren, OH

You have given me the knowledge, encouragement and support to help me make the right decisions when dealing with my kidney disease. I feel I can always turn to you with questions.

That means so much to me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Butterfly56
on 4/27/18 9:03 am - MA

Your experience mirrors mine almost completely! I had RNY in October, 2011 at 277 (peak weight 320) and got to goal of 175, then kept going to 135 lbs. My surgeon said there would be a 10 lb. bounce back automatically, but I managed to maintain at 135 for 2 years. I was a size 4 from a size 32 and ecstatic, and did not eat carbs or sugar. Then, that 10 lb. gain happened quickly, even though I hadn't changed anything about the way I ate or exercised. After that, I got lazy, and allowed carbs and sugar back into my diet, and before I knew it, 160 arrived and I was devastated. I had been on many diets, gaining and losing hundreds of pounds in my lifetime, and I was NOT going back. I returned to a pre-op, liquid diet of high protein shakes, a little soup and lots of water, and now weigh 148. My goal is to reach 135 again, but just the fact the I'm in the 140's "decade" is a win for me. What did I learn? That you are right, the battle never ends. I can not be complacent in my choices, sugar is the enemy, and I have to keep up the exercise (which I had also let slide). I don't weigh, measure or track my food, because I know in my heart what is bad, good, and the right size. I just have to pay attention.

The silver lining in all of the is that at least are we are battling from the smaller side, and not where we began. My best friend of decades is a very tall, slender woman who worried constantly about food and calories. We had the same conversations about food, although she weighed 130 lbs. and I weighed hundreds more than that. We laughed about it, but I always wondered what it would be like to battle from HER side, and not mine. Now, I know. And no matter what, this is better, and so worth the fight.

I have been considering Weigh****chers because I can't keep up shakes forever. Did you find them helpful?

My best to you, and never stop fighting. :-)

Butterfly56

Kathy S.
on 4/25/18 8:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning Mahonia,

There is a great article appearing on the home page today.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/get-over-over-eating-aft er-weight-loss-surgery

You Got This!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Linda W.
on 4/25/18 9:09 am - Clearlake, CA

I log my eating religiously, I'm almost fanatical about it. However, I use my log to plan ahead. I fill it out before the day gets going, I know exactly what and how much and when I am going to eat. No guess work. As long as I stick to my plan, I do very well.

Linda    
lovethesun3
on 5/6/18 2:13 pm
RNY on 07/01/13

I completely understand. I have regained and have been trying to lose but have stayed the same weight for over 2 weeks and just not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions are welcome!