Newbie- so many mixed emotions

lady-jane
on 4/17/18 5:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I am from Canada , Hamilton Ontario....my name is Barb. I have made the very first step..I have my first group orientation in the next couple of weeks. Ya I know...super early stage , but it's the first step and it feels huge.

i have so many mixed emotions...I have days where I am so looking forward to this change in my life but also scared.

yes I am doing this so I can be healthier but it's also the times when I go to a restaurant and don't fit in the booth very well, a reminder of why I am doing this, the times when you go to the carnival with your kids and they want you to go on a ride with them...but you have to say "daddy will".

i look forward to sharing my experience with you all and getting to know you, thank you for taking the time to read!

CC C.
on 4/17/18 6:40 pm

Welcome!

lady-jane
on 4/17/18 7:27 pm

Thank you Cecily!

Scary.Airy
on 4/17/18 6:54 pm

Welcome! I am in Ontario too (Ottawa) and about 6 -9 months ahead of you in terms of the steps to go through. (Surgery is scheduled for May 4). I know exactly what you mean about mixed emotions. Sometimes I think "woah! Wait a minute here, this is not something I can just say "Nope, changed my mind" after surgery!". But then I realize how damn ready I am to shed all this flesh that is hiding the real me, if that makes sense.

(Side note - I can hard-core relate too to "Daddy will take you.." omg. I can't wait until I am the one that does all the fun stuff with the kiddoes!

Best of luck!

lady-jane
on 4/17/18 7:29 pm

Thanks so much! I wish you the best of luck as well with your surgery! I look forward to hearing about your journey.

Rhonda P.
on 4/24/18 8:16 am

Hi.

I am in Kanata and just got the all clear yesterday from the dietician so the next step i guess is setting the meeting with surgeon. Its moving a lot faster than I expected. I just t went to BMI in January.

Gwen M.
on 4/18/18 4:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hiya! Congrats on taking the first steps!

Having reminders of why you're doing this is good for staying focused. Maybe you could write up a list and refer to it?

I also recommend that you start seeing a therapist - I started pre-op and it has been really helpful for my continued success.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lady-jane
on 4/19/18 7:08 pm

Thanks so much Gwen...great advice!

Gina 22 years out
on 4/18/18 5:43 am - Burleson, TX

WELCOME!!! You are embarking upon a wild ride - hang on to your socks !!!

My absolute favorite NSV (non scale victory) came after I had lost probably 75 pounds. I was able to ride my then 11 year old son's favorite roller coaster, with him - A FIRST !! Absolutely PRICELESS !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

lady-jane
on 4/19/18 7:10 pm

That is amazing and you have done fantastic!!! Thanks so much for the kind words.