My 600 lb Life - Update - Schenee asking for $$$

Kristi T.
on 4/17/18 9:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard Dr. Now say he would take her back if she reached the goal he gave her? Bu****ching her behavior and the disrespect she showed, I do not think she would swallow her pride and ask for another chance. It would make for a great "Follow Up" episode if she did!:-)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/17/18 11:20 am

I don't think they could do that. She may have to pay taxes on that money - but I doubt they would ever collect that.

I do get that the "real TV" edits the final product the way it fits them. But I also believe the people get compensated for that. I don't think they get compensated enough.

I also believe those people milk the system as much as they are aware they can do it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathleen W.
on 4/17/18 12:00 pm - Lancaster, PA

Those of us that had bariatric surgery know what the drill is. She blew it. After blowing off Dr. Now then setting up a GoFundme account, she comes across as a scam artist.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/21/18 7:15 am, edited 4/21/18 12:16 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I recently saw the show on a rerun, so it is still fresh in my mind. It came out in the counseling clip that she had been molested as a child and raped as an adult. I regret that she has these experiences but when she is ready and able to make the life-style changes needed, I hope she goes back to Dr. Now. Most of us would have done anything to have the WLS to save our health, if not our lives and for her it is about alot of everything else. Everything but what she needed to do to get healthy enough to survive the procedure and have a chance at success is a distraction.

If you are considering WLS, please be ready to work through whatever issues you have - there is help along the way. The healthier you go into WLS, the healthier you come out - that is healthy in mind, body, and spirit.

BTW, I have my own almost-Dr Now story.

As I have said, at 3.5 years post WLS, I still go to my surgeon;s monthly support groups to stay honest (Goal=10 times per year). At about 9 months, I was traveling across county for 3 months and made it to Dr. N's support group. I had to register - put my name on a list in advance - and the staff kept saying that Dr Now would not be there.) I knew that because my home support grp is run by the nuit, not the surgeon. But I did go to that office, the person who led the mtg was successful at 8 yrs post WLS, and the staff was nice enough to let me weight in on their scale - I had been traveling and without a scale for 2 months - but I still weighed in on what I call "The most famous scale in America."

Anyway, I hope Schenee can work through whatever issues she has before they take her to the next world.

Sharon