Redundant Colon

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/15/18 7:11 am, edited 4/15/18 12:19 am

Just reading it - your life sounds like a mess. And I agree with others - your children are bring mistreated by your husband. This is not cool.

As for bloating and pain - plus Fibromyalgia - these 2 can be connected by SIBO plus stress.

SIBO is a small intestine bacterial overgrowth. I have that and deal with that. Symptoms can be controlled by a diet - and a proper diet may even help with fibromyalgia pain.

SIBO can also be treated by diet with an antibiotic treatment, while simultaneously treating Candida (that most likely you also are dealing with). Good gastro should know about SIBO and can help you treat that.

Diet for SIBO is diet that follow low FODMAP diet. But getting off that diet just for a day can result with some symptoms to return.

Google SIBO and FODMAP diet.

As for the colon - my colon is very long and that can contribute to constipation. But when I eat too many carbs - I can deal with just the opposite. Plus bloating. And a lot of pain. There are lots of food that are on my "forbidden" list. Some of those are beans, raw veggies, high fiber veggies, and food with any sugar alcohols (i.e some protein bars).

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Shannon S.
on 4/15/18 7:34 am
VSG on 11/07/17

If you truly believe your husband is a bad man like you are insuating in this post, and you still keep your kids in that atmosphere you are contributing to their problems. My heart breaks for your kids. Please don't bring anymore into this world. I would take my kids to a shelter before I would allow them to live in that chaos. Keeping your family in my prayers.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/15/18 7:40 am

In addition - I suffer from IBS induced by SIBO. I normally can manage the pain and discomfort by proper diet, supplements and Rx medication.

But when I have a very stressful situation (i.e I was in a car accident) just the stress of the situation can bring a really horrible IBS symptoms- horrible pain, feeling like my intestines are twisting and locking inside. Feeling like horrible spasms that happens inside my gut.

I often had so much pain that I may even have problem breathing when the spasms are happening.

Talking to my doctors - (GI and PCP) they decided to put me on anxiety medication to help manage my anxiety level.

For internal gut spasms - I have Rx meds (sublingual hyoscyamine). When my spasm is really bad - I can take 2-3 at a time and help with that. Until I figured out what food can trigger the pain (and pain can last as long as the offending food is inside my intestines) I used quite a bit of the medication. Now - because I am rather careful - I seldom need it. But I almost always need that when I get seriously stressed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kristi T.
on 4/15/18 9:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My first instinct before even getting half way through your post is that your husband is abusing your oldest daughter and possibly your second one as well. I hope and pray that I am wrong and am so sorry you are living with this chaos of abuse, depression, rage and physical pain. You reached out for help from people on OH, it sounds like you have had enough of it all. First and foremost, like others have said, get your children out of that house and to family or a shelter...first priority. I am thinking of you and your children today and hope you can take the first step towards freedom for all of you.

Please come back and keep us posted.

Donna L.
on 4/16/18 6:49 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Children and adolescents are what I often refer to as "symptom bearing," which means even if they do not have their own mental health issues, they may manifest if the environment is disastrous. If you think the children are unaware of what is going on sadly, that is not correct. They almost certainly are quite aware of it, and may even be experiencing similar severe abuse. Hallucinations and oppositional defiant behavior are almost always triggered by abuse and trauma in children.

I know this is terrifying, however you must get them and yourself out of the house. Not only is the situation slowly killing the spirit if you and your children, it is having severe physical consequences. Many people will have physical issues as a result of abuse, and the body cannot tolerate sustained stress. Stress, terror, and abuse have severe physical consequences, sometimes decades later. Most counselors do not know this, however I have a biomedical background so I am familiar with it. Even if the distress did not cause the pathology, it for sure is making it worse.

Please talk to someone about getting out of this horrifying situation ASAP. If not for your own health, then for the health of your children. The longer they are in this situation, the less good their ultimate prognosis.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/16/18 8:42 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Travelher
on 4/16/18 2:53 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

I'm sorry you are going through this but you really need to remove yourself from this relationship, your husband is abusing your kids and you are wondering why they are all so angry or depressed? I don't understand this at all. Does he abuse you as well?

It sounds like nobody is getting anything out of the relationship with your husband. Are you getting counseling? If not you need to. And if you don't like yourself enough to leave for you. Please do it for your kids. They deserve better. A counselor should be able to support you through this.

Band-RNY revision age 50 5'4" HW 260 SW: 244 (bf healthy range 23-35%) bf 23.7% (at 137lbs) cw range 135-138.lbl with butt lift and mastoplexy March 23, 2018...2.5lbs removed.

Pre-op-16lbs (size 18/20...244) M1-16lbs (size 18...228) M2-15.6lbs (size 16/18...212.4) M3-10lbs (size 16..202.4) M4-11.4lbs (size 14...191) M5-10.8lbs (size 12...180.2) M6-8.4 (size 8/10...171.8) M7-6.4 (size 8...165.4 lbs) M8-11.6 (size 6...153.8) M9-5.6 (size 4/6...148.2) M10-5.8 (size 4....142.4) M11-4 (size 2/4...138.4) Surgiversary -1 (size 2/4...137.4) M13-2.6 (size 2/4...134.8) M14 (size 2/4...134.8) M15 (size 2...135) M16 (size 2...131.4) M17 (size 2...135) M18 (size 2...135) M19 (size 2...138) M20 (size 2...135) M21 (size 2...138)

Valerie G.
on 4/16/18 2:54 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you're not on any probiotics, they might be the answer to the gassiness you're experiencing every day. Those of us with malabsorptive procedures have a tendency for our gut bacteria to get unbalanced. Probiotics add beneficial bacteria to aid the digestive process, raise immunity and other benefits to your body. There are pills for this, but you can also get them naturally in fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, pickles, kumbacha, and apple-cider vinegar (my personal favorite).

As for your kids, they are obviously in crisis and your husband is probably the cause, but so are you for allowing him to abuse them as you say he does. THIS IS VERY, VERY BAD! Why are you not protecting them??? I cannot begin to fathom how you can allow your children to be harmed to this point by anyone. I would not trade convenience of a marriage at the expense of my precious children. I wouldn't be ruling out sexual abuse either by their actions. You are their protector and you are failing your children right now.

The younger ones have learned from the older ones that acting out is how you get what you want. It probably won't be long before your son starts mimicking the same behavior.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes