Speaking of My 600 lb. Life...

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/18 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had never watched this show but I was aware of it. I saw it referenced in the threads over the past few weeks and I was trapped in a hotel room the other night so I watched it.

It just broke my heart and I won'****ch it again.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/7/18 12:17 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I also like watching the show & while I'm not crazy about the shower scenes it does show how the little things that we can do is a huge production & a humiliation for them. It's probably done for ratings too.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/8/18 5:29 am, edited 4/7/18 10:29 pm

It is a TV show. Things like that are used to get more dramatic view of SMO person life. But images like that probably increase ratings. And drama. Seeing an SMO person eating huge qty of food is also done for ratings. Drama when they fail and fail again, only to be eventually "getting it" and starting following the program is done for ratings.

Images like that help promote the show. It sells. It is a TV show. It is as bad as the Biggest Loser show.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/18 1:31 pm

I can't agree that the show is bad. It's REAL. The humiliated patients live this way for YEARS. The whole premise of the show is to see how they finally understand their denial and comply with a low fat low cal diet and daily exercise !

Those scenes make the un-turnoffable.