The flu

carbby
on 4/3/18 11:22 pm

Hope you are getting better already.

pinkmermaid65
on 3/28/18 9:00 pm
VSG on 01/25/17

Everyone I know has gotten this bad bug, I started taking oil of oregano capsules when ever anyone close to me gets sick. This year I was flue free. All the big chicken companies use oregano oil so their chickens wont get sick since the government forbids them to use antibiotics. i think that says a lot.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/29/18 7:01 am

My to go soup is homemade egg drop soup. When I feel really bad I my ad some ginger and little bit of garlic. Dill adds a lot of flavor.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

carbby
on 4/4/18 6:25 pm

Same here. Garlic and ginger combination really doing great for us here as well.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/29/18 7:02 am

My to go soup is homemade egg drop soup. When I feel really bad I my ad some ginger and little bit of garlic. Dill adds a lot of flavor.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CJ On Orcas
on 3/29/18 10:06 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Probably cannot get it on short notice but Unjury has a chicken broth protein powder, I always have it on hand. My market carries bone broth and that has orotein in it, but I do not know how much.

Protein water? Isopure, or Premier Clear? Or even sugar free Gatorade. I think you just have to stay hydrated. Even if it is peppermint tea. I have not had the flu post-op, but ginger tea helped me with stomach upset. I steeped ginger slices in ho****er.

Bespin16
on 3/30/18 2:34 pm
what I do is consume plenty of liquids. Chicken soup is really good, I put chicken breasts, celery, garlic, carrots, oregano, onion, jalapeno pepper, potatoes and tomatoes.
Bespin16
on 3/30/18 2:36 pm

to prevent flu and colds I regularly wash my hands and take vit c and zinc supplements