Post RNY surgery, done in 2002.

camill3110
on 3/28/18 4:28 pm

Hello, I would like some help understanding why my stomach pouch seems to be swollen after I eat something. It feels a little sore too. I have had a lot of tests done; MRI, CT, etc. but nothing shows up. I had an open RNY and the stomach area around the scar appears puffy and swollen. I had an endoscope a year ago but nothing appeared wrong with the pouch except that there was some scar tissue at the opening and the doctor stretched it to open it up more. I have a dull pain on my right side under my rib bone most of the time. If I sit for along time it really starts to stick me. Any suggestions or thoughts?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/29/18 7:11 am

The right side pain sound like liver issues. Maybe GB or just liver. My liver hates to many Tylenol or alcohol. (Not mixed together - I don't drink any alcohol when I take pain pills)

Even social gathering - having 1-2 drinks a couple days in a row- may be too much for my liver. Having 3 drinks one day (over a few hours) may cause me a liver discomfort. I don't have GB.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 3/29/18 7:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Did they do blood work on your liver? Sounds like you may have fatty liver? Fatty liver can cause all kinds of discomfort. I read on your profile you have regained your weight you loss. I will send you a list that helped me get back on track. Also, add your surgery type and date on your profile so when you post and asked questions like this we can see how far out you are. Here is how to add that information.

If you are using a laptop, you can add your surgery date by doing the following:

Click the * in the upper right hand corner
Medical History
To the right click "+ add surgery"
Add your surgery date, type and surgeon
Save

Smart device:

Click the 3 bars in the upper right hand corner, Click the * and then Medical History. Follow the same steps above for a laptop.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130