What do you stock up on at the grocery store?

Erin T.
on 3/27/18 3:23 am
VSG on 01/17/17

My staple grocery list for myself looks something like this:

• Plain Greek Yogurt (Fage 2%)
  • SF Pudding Mixes in varying flavors
  • Eggs
  • Mini Sausage Patties
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Deli Meat
  • Cheese Brick
  • Cabot Whipped Cream
  • Meat (Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Beef, Fish, Shell Fish)
  • Broccoli, Green Pepper, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, Butternut Squash (pick a couple per week)
  • Protein Bars - I really like the Think Thin bars but I'd like to get away from Malitol because it doesn't actually have zero effects on my blood sugar, so I've been trying out other low-sugar/high-protein varieties to see what I like best

If I were single, I could live on those foods alone as they comprise at least 90% of my at-home diet

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Partlypollyanna
on 3/27/18 3:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Thanks for asking this question! Lots of ideas for some new staples. On my list to search out is the greek yogurt cream cheese!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 6:10 am
VSG on 01/12/17

It really is amazing. http://www.franklinfoods.com/greek-cream-cheese is the brand I buy, and the only brand I've seen before really. They have fruit flavors in the whipped that are the same nutrition wise as the plain and the whipped plain is great for deli meat roll ups!

CarlRay
on 3/27/18 5:20 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Tuna, cottage cheese, ff greek plain yogurt, blueberries, pure protein bars (if I am at Cost****olby cheese sticks and turkey meat sticks. Mmmmm.....

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 5:57 am

I love bacon, eggs, chicken, avocado

reree6898
on 3/27/18 6:06 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

So I tend to be a creature of habit for the most part so I eat a lot of the same things each week and eat the same breakfast most every morning. I still cook full meals for my kids and mom but for me the things I eat and always buy are:

Eggs, Shredded 2% Cheddar Cheese, Light Swiss Baby Bell Cheese, 1% Small Curd Cottage Cheese, Chicken Thighs, Dannon Light & Fit Greek, Tilapia, Steak, 97% Lean Ground Beef, Broccoli, Zucchini Pancakes, Turkey Sausage Links, Tuna, and Salmon Pouches, Premiere Chocolate Protein Shakes, and Quest Cookie Dough Protein Bars.

Those are my main staples. I do have PB2 here and there and I will eat a piece of bread once in a while with dinner. I also have a treat of Halo Top Ice Cream once in a while or an ounce of very dark chocolate but that is not an every day thing, just a once in a while thing. I have lost over 200 pounds and have maintained my weight for the last year.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

MeerKat1994
on 3/27/18 6:51 am
RNY on 05/09/17

A little late but why not.

My diets been a little different lately, but usually I have these things on hand:

Fage 0% Greek or Skyr (but so expensive) I know fat is good for us, but I just like the lower calories.

Hemp hearts

Chia seeds

pb fit

100% organic raw cacao powder

Blueberries

Premier Protein or Advantage Carb Master

Sugar Free coffee syrup

Great Value Dairy Free cinnamon toast creamer

Red Bell Peppers (I eat this literally everyday)

Cream cheese (whipped or fat free or flavored, just depends)

Everything but bagel seasoning

Broccoli

zuchini

Deli sliced Chicken

Ground beef/Turkey

Cheese

SF BBQ sauce

Tuna in a pouch, I like the sweet and spicy

edamame

Sugar free lemon lime jello

unsweetened almond or cashew milk

sometimes I'll indulge in chocolate almond milk lol

I usually will have one weighed scoop of some sort of nut butter before bed to take a medication that needs a high fat content to be taken. But I've had to stop eating the really sweet and tasty kinds because they were trigger foods for me. Now it's plain ole crazy Richards creamy peanut butter (not super tasty but high in fat)

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 7:41 am, edited 3/27/18 4:58 am
VSG on 03/28/17

If I didn't have a husband and child to feed, my grocery run would look like:

• Full fat Greek Yogurt
  • Eggs
  • Bacon
  • Chia seeds
  • Almond/coconut milk
  • Truvia powder
  • Aidells Meatballs and frozen meatballs
  • Havarti, Brie, Gouda, cheddar, munster, cream cheese
  • Deli turkey slices
  • Heavy Cream or Caramel premier protein for coffee (I go through phases of each)
  • Smoked salmon
  • Canned tuna
  • Seaweed sheets
  • Avocado
  • Blueberries
  • Frozen spinach, frozen riced cauliflower, frozen broccoli
  • Zucchini, peppers, onions, cucumbers
  • Quest bars
  • Grain free granola or ingredients to make my own
  • And the occasional Halo Top
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 12:08 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

What do you do with the seaweed sheets? I quite like seaweed snacks, the small packs that are usually seasoned lightly.

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 1:27 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Sometime I eat the seaweed sheets just like seaweed snacks - they are way cheaper and I like the flavor without the added seasoning. Mostly though I use them to wrap some combo of avocado, cream cheese, imitation crab, canned yellowtail and/or cucumber and essentially make sushi without the rice.