What do you stock up on at the grocery store?

reree6898
on 3/27/18 6:10 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I have never had issue eating yogurt but I never could stand cottage cheese until the last year or so. If it is something you would like to eat you could try different types. For me I can't stand the large curd or the full fat ones. I can only eat the small curd 1% one. Lots of people like it to be mixed with fruit or sugar free jam but I can't stand it that way. I have to have it savory so I put in a good amount of pepper and some salt. It also sounds really gross but it is really good to eat with a pouch of salmon.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

CJ On Orcas
on 3/26/18 8:37 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I always have greek yogurt (Dannon LIght & Fit) Fairlife milk, chicken breast, frozen chicken tenders, lots of hamburger frozen in one pound bags, ground turkey, taco seasoning, onion soup mix, bacon, sausage, cheese both shredded and sliced, Premier Protein chocolate, diet cranberry something. Meatballs from TJs or Costco.

Canned goods always include canned chicken breast, black beans, tomato puree so I can make crockpot chili. Lite Coconut milk so I can make chicken curry. Peanuts, but only the one ounce packs because I cannot control portion size otherwise.

Beef jerky but only from Tillamook Country Store... this is probably the most important item in my pantry. I panic if I run out.

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/18 11:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I love canned salmon. I eat it on a salad and love it with some balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

NYMom222
on 3/26/18 8:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I made chicken curry tonight. Yum

what do you use the onion soup mix for?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CJ On Orcas
on 3/26/18 8:17 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

I use onion soup mix to flavor meat loaf but also I make hamburger patties and make a gravy from onion soup mix with water and either cornstarch or a little flour. Yum.

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 4:44 am

I just bought a box based on your recipe on the Julie Soarklekitty meat recipe thread. I also bought a box of the Lipton beefy onion soup mix to try. Do you like that one as well? I will try one of them tonight.

CJ On Orcas
on 3/27/18 7:46 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I do not taste a difference when I use them, but I am one of those throw-things-in cook. Every meal is a new recipe ;). Luckily calorie count is usually the same.

Mary Gee
on 3/27/18 8:03 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Cynthia...How do you make your curry? I used to make shrimp curry years ago. Loved it, but it's been so long, I've forgotten the recipe. I've seen a lot of recipes using tomatoes, but I didn't make mine that way. My sauce was the color of the curry powder -- maybe a chicken broth base? I just can't recall any other ingredients.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

NYMom222
on 3/27/18 2:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I basically do onion garlic and some red pepper sautéed add chicken and I add small amount broth to cook it. Add canned coconut milk- up to the whole can depending on size of recipe. I use the Thai curry paste in a jar rather than powder, red or green... you could use powder too. I keep a jar of grated ginger in the fridge sort of like the jars of chopped garlic. So probably 2 tsp curry paste, 1 tsp ginger, shake of tumeric and salt. Obviously taste and adjust. You can add whatever veggies you like.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Janet P.
on 3/26/18 9:02 am

I always have at least 2 dozen eggs, cheese, bacon, some type of deli meat (usually low sodium ham), several different types of cheese (american, muenster, havarti), yogurt (right now its siggi's), cottage cheese, tuna, beef jerky (krave is the brand of choice), nuts. I always have meat loaf frozen and portioned in the freezer - it's my go-to dinner. Chicken thighs always in the freezer.

I've been eating the same breakfast for 15 years and I still love it - 2 eggs, two slices of american cheese, 4-6 slices of pre-cooked bacon, two slices of some type of bread. Every day.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny