Two Years

seattledeb
on 3/23/18 6:35 pm

Proud of you!

Shannon S.
on 3/24/18 5:31 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Great testimony! Congrats on your success and your ability to overcome alcohol. Keep up the great work!

Amy R.
on 3/24/18 8:56 am

I love this Susan. Keep trudging that road of happy destiny.

You are an inspiration and a treasure.

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/18 11:23 am

Thank you Amy. I didn't want to post. I just feel sometimes I talk way too much about my alcoholism.

But I felt the need to post.

It helps me to post. Sometimes when I write it helps me get out my feelings.

Amy R.
on 3/26/18 8:12 am

IMO, it's always good to post here if you want to. There is no "too much" - or I guess if there are the mods will send you love note. ;)

You are sharing valuable information. Life saving information. People need to be reminded that there is life after alcoholism, just as there is after WLS. And of course the two are related which makes it even more important that you and others DO post.

Plus I love reading what you have to say so there is that

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/18 8:27 am

Thank you Amy. This past week has been really tough with my father in law passing.

My husbands family is a very large drinking family. Which I know it is there choice. But I didid make sure I had a way out. Calling friends when it was hard to deal with them drinking. Not that I wanted to drink but the crazy that is involved with the family.

Last night I forgot we were celebrating peoples sobriety and I had to get up and speak since it was two years. It felt good having and knowing the people there support me. Also coming here helps with my recovery.

Amy R.
on 3/26/18 8:35 am

Did you get your coin? That is awesome!

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/18 8:45 am

Yes I did. I was like crap I have to talk now.

Amy R.
on 3/26/18 6:40 pm

That does tend to put a person on the spot, doesn't it. Congratulations.

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/18 6:48 pm

Thank you. I had to do it again tonight. I have another meeting tomorrow night,

The one tomorrow night is my meeting that I am chair person. I love this group of people.