Drugs, addiction to excess food and the new generation

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/19/18 7:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You bring facts to the table. I like you!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/19/18 6:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Kids these days, right Ava?

I didn't know your grandmother was on OH. Tell her I'm sorry I missed her 140th birthday party.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 3/19/18 6:41 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/18 6:21 am

Lol lol

Valerie G.
on 3/19/18 12:27 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I can tell you, hand on my heart, that I've never done recreational drugs or even so much as smoked a cigarette before in my life. Even pain killers are taken for the shortest time possible because I cannot stand that they constipate me overnight.

I imbibed in my 20s and 30s on occasion, and I could count on one hand how many times I imbibed each year, in fact, because it was never a necessary part of my life.

Nor do I depend on any prescriptions or OTC beyond a daily half-dose of Benedryl for my allergies.

I'm high on life and always have been. It's a thing. You should try it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Melody P.
on 3/19/18 2:11 pm - Amarillo, TX

I've never once been high or drunk. Never wanted to. But by your standards (I take scripts for depression, insomnia AND bi-polar) I am an addict. I will not lie and say food isn't an addiction, because it is for me.

I've read and reread your post since joining mid last year. None of em make much sense. You have managed to offend pretty much everyone here and you claim to be the victim?

i just wanna say thank you to your "trolls" for keeping this site as it should be.

Mel

theAntiChick
on 3/19/18 3:02 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I'll add my 2c on the issue of "everyone" doing drugs.

I'll admit that there have been times in my life when I drank WAYYYY too much. Not healthy for me, certainly, but it was legal. When it started becoming a problem in my life, I got ahold of myself and quit. I was lucky that I had not developed a physical addiction, I was just using it to avoid problems in my life. (Incidentally, I didn't start drinking until I was legal to do so either.)

I have been offered drugs in many different settings since I was about 14. I'm now 48. I realized VERY early on that the kids who were offering me drugs failed high school chemistry. I don't want them cooking my drugs, thankyouverymuch.

I made it to the ripe old age of 48 before I ever even tried an illicit substance. I found out in my 30's that I'm allergic to pot smoke - 2nd hand cloud at 2 different concerts sent me home early with a migraine and horrible asthma attack. And pot is the ONLY drug I ever was even remotely interested in trying since it's a natural plant and not a chemical formula to get messed up.

In full disclosure, I did try a pot edible this past winter to see if it made any difference in my chronic pain issues, and to settle a dispute amongst my friends about whether I could "truly" be allergic to THC or if it was the smoke that got me (I'm also deathly allergic to commercial cigarette smoke.) So I can no longer say I've never taken an illicit substance. But I won't be repeating it as the high was more annoying than anything else and it didn't help my pain.

As for food being an addiction, it certainly is for some people. I even accept the premise that it's more damaging to health than SOME drugs. It is not appropriate to say that everyone here has or had a food addiction, however. Unhealthy relationships with food, absolutely. But where/when that becomes an addiction is different for each person.

And to say that none of us on OH are straight/clean/sober? That's just frankly offensive.

I'm not even sure what your argument is supposed to be. But whatever it is, it's hard to get it through the offensive and frankly juvenile writing you have presented.

I don't have the history with you others here on OH do, but I've been here long enough to see that your posts and presumably your emotions related to those posts are all over the place. I join with the others who are seriously recommending you get some professional help.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/18 4:39 pm

Ty for daring to be honest ((()))

Member Services
on 3/19/18 3:14 pm - Irvine, CA

We were notified about your post by very concerned board members. We'd like to encourage you to seek out help as soon as possible. Often times feelings like this are temporary, but sometimes someone needs a professional to help them deal with their emotions. We urge you to visit the National Suicide & Crisis website for numbers in your local area of professionals who are trained to help people in crisis.Their website is located here:

http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

Or call the USA National Suicide Hotlines toll-free 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) - or - 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

We hope you seek out any help you may need at this pivotal time in your life and let us know you're doing ok. Your fellow ObesityHelp members are worried about you.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp

Shannon S.
on 3/19/18 5:29 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Well this is strange. The post, the comments, the whole thread is quite puzzling.