My 600 lb Life - Tamy Lyn - High Five

Kathy S.
on 3/15/18 10:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I think most of us tha****ch this show has been very frustrated with the lack of effort and down right whiny butts, instead of being thankful for the gift they were given.

Well, Tamy Lyn showed them how it's done. She had to wait longer than most due to lung issues before she could have surgery and she stayed on the eating plan and kept losing. She stayed strong even with her husband leaving.

I was so impressed that no matter what was thrown in her way she persevered and never gave up. I wanted so badly to see her have that mass removed that is suppose to be her stomach. I honestly don't know how she moves with it but she did.

Way to go Tamy and I can't wait to see the follow up!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Patty R.
on 3/15/18 12:41 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

She was inspiring !!

CC C.
on 3/15/18 12:45 pm

Normally that show frustrates the heck out of me, but she was great. And good riddance to the husband!

Kathy S.
on 3/15/18 1:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I agree Cecily,

It proved to all those others who whine you can do it even under the most challenging situations.

apw0
on 3/16/18 12:06 pm - Doylestown, PA

I agree wholeheartedly!! As I was watching it, all I could think about was that lady from a few weeks ago. I think her name was Lisa. Dr. Now booted her out of his program, because she was non compliant. But like you said, Tamy Lyn showed everyone how it's done!! No matter how much she hurt both physically and emotionally, she never broke down, and she never turned to food to drown her sorrows. Even when she got pneumonia, and had to postpone her surgery, she didn't get all down, and woe is me. No matter what, she stuck to the plan. I was so happy for her. She was so very encouraging, and I clap my hands for her as well.

I was trying to see on the TLC website if they had any updates for her, but I didn't see any.

Kathy S.
on 3/16/18 2:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yes it was Lisa and OMG she was the most whiny of them all. Next to Steven....

NCMTNEER13
on 3/20/18 7:19 am
VSG on 11/26/18

I watched my first episode of that show the other day and it was the one with Lisa. It frustrated the heck out of me. She was awful.

I was wondering what the general feeling was from fellow OH members on that show (600 lb. life). For me, it was hard for me to watch, because I'm heading towards WLS, yet I weigh less than half of the people on that show. it almost made me feel guilty for wanting WLS because I feel like those people are way worse off than me. But it also made me fearful that if I don't do something I could end up in that situation, even as hard as it is to believe at times. And then during commercials, TLC is advertising "My Big Fat Fabulous Life", which features a young woman (who happens to live near me), who despite her obesity loves her life and celebrates being big. Those shows definitely mess with my emotions and make me question my decisions. My wife says I should stop watching those shows. She is probably right, but with so much of my personal focus being on weight loss, its hard for me not to be drawn to those shows.

Kathy S.
on 3/21/18 9:21 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I too wanted to throw something at the screen when Lisa was on. For me, being so far out I need to remind myself if not for the grace of God and WLS go I. At my highest I was 330 pounds and I am only 5'3". Watching those shows I tell myself if you didn't have surgery that could be you. I can't imagine I would let myself go there but then I never thought I would get to 330 either. So it's like a reminder to stay on track and be thankful for the tool I have.

Now, My Big Fat Fabulous Life.... I watch this show too, have done so since the beginning. I too at first was like "you go girl", but if you have watched the show you can see how her body and her health is going down hill. It use to be all about her dancing but her feet and ankles and other body parts are just not working as they did. You and I both know we can only carry an extra person so far (in body weight) before you start to pay for it. Someone needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with her and address the elephant in the room. Lose weight or you are going to suffer BIG and die young.

As far as you questioning your decision. Ask yourself, can I do this on my own? Am I living life as it was meant to be lived? Do I want to be around for my kids graduation and or when they get married? If you could do it on your own you would have by now. The #1 thing you need to do is "get it right between the ears before you re-arrange your plumbing". Trust me, if you deal with the head issues you will lose weight, get to goal and keep it off!

One last thing I want to share and then I will shut up I had WLS in 2004 and my husband did not. I am still here and my husband is not.

Good Luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing